Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
printer only prints a ablank

Posted by finchelover (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 1, 12 at 18:37

Have an HP officejet 4500 desktop printer and here just recently it will only print out a blank. The inks says 3/4 full black ,anyone know what problem could be. Even a test comes out blank

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: printer only prints a ablank

How many times did you try to print? Does it send out a blank page every time? I have this same printer and have also gotten blank pages, but it usually prints on the 2nd try. Make sure that the paper is loaded gently, not forced with any pressure to the rear.

o

Did you reset the printer when you last changed the cartridge, if not, the cartridge may be showing 1/2 full when it is in fact empty

o

well,still doesnt work
My daughter in law thinks it is the printer
went on line and says my Toshiba not compatible with
my printer HP officejet 4500. I also heard people are having lots of problems with the Windows 7 so am wondering if I should go back to my XP

o

If this is an older printer, not surprising that it is not compatible with Windows 7, but there is nothing wrong with Windows 7; it's a great operating system. You probably just need a new printer.

o

".....and here just recently it will only print out a blank."

Does this mean it use to operate properly with W7?

If this printer was moved from an XP system to a W7, did you research as to new drivers?

XP is two generations of O/S behind and facing extinction. You would be doing yourself a disservice to go backwards. Plus, you would be relinquishing improved performance and security. The concerns I have read and heard as to W7 are mostly the same following any new O/S release. Some users just don't like change or are afraid of it. Remember Vista got bad mouthed because of change, and actually it is a fine O/S. It's code is 80% of W7 with Vista designed for security while W7 was designed for performance. And wait until this time next year when W8 is available.

Also, this time the O/S change concerns are amplified as XP was the largest O/S release ever and it was released to the largest spectrum of first time computer users ever. I could expand more, but mo matter how delicately and politely I put it there would be someone offended.

I agree with my good friend Grandms. If this is an older XP generation printer, and your finances allow it, a new printer should be considered.

DA

o

Might have been a good idea to mention in your first post that it was working with an XP system but you got a new computer with Win7 and now it isnt..it just makes it must easier for those helping to make an informed decision with all the pertinent info

o

the printer is about 6 months old and computer is just purchased in November. I scanned but lately when I wanted to I couldn't print off from a website,also I had typed arecipe in Notepad and I couldn't get it printed off

o

The HP Officejet 4500 is a wireless printer. Are you trying to connect using wireless?

If so that is likely your problem, you need to set the printer up using a USB cable and once it is set up you can remove the cable and the computer should find the wireless connection.

I have come across 2 of these and that was the way I fixed them after the owners gave up in total frustration.

You may need to remove the software and start over but try just connecting first if the drivers are installed, you might get lucky.

o

You cannot just plug and play with a new printer especially HP and Canon printers..You must follow the installation instructions step by step..So are you saying that the printer has worked with the new computer but only recently has stoppped working????

o

Thanks alot,between you guys and my daughter in law we got it figured out. We had to take the program ? out and then reinstall....it only took 1 1/2 hours. I now have another problem I purchased a Targus cooling mate for my Toshiba and I can not feel any air flow,any suggestions or should I just ake it back. Thanks loads from this elderly person You are kind,pleasant and patient..bless you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here