SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cricketm_gw

XP Windows upgrade to 32-Bit Windows 7

Cricketm
10 years ago

Hello,

RE: Dell Dimension DXP051, Intel(R), Pentium(R)D CPU 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz, 512 MB of RAM 3/25/2010 2.00 GB of RAM, Windows XP

I checked and found out that my Dell computer can be upgraded to Windows 7. It is compatible to Windows 7.
I've been very happy running Word 2002 in Windows XP Service Pack 3 on my Dell DXPO51. I am about to buy Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit to upgrade my Dell desktop before April 2014.
I have some styles and macros in Word 2002 that I'd like to be able to use on the new computer. I also want to avoid as much as possible any time on a learning curve with respect to commands, etc. So I'd like to install Word 2002 on the computer. I've looked in this forum and elsewhere, and can't find a definitive answer, so I thought I'd ask again:

1. Will Word 2002 work on my Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit computer?
  2. Would it be advisable to install it in compatibility mode?
  3. Will Word 2002 styles work in Windows 7?
  4. Word 2002 Macros?
    If I need to get a new version of Word, I'd like to avoid Word 10, since it apparently is very different from Word 2002 insofar as commands, etc. So my last question is:
  5. Which version of Word is closest to Word 2002 in commands, etc that will still work ok in Windows 7?
    Thanks for any advice!

Comments (7)