Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question re: Opera 11 and scripts

Posted by grandms (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 18, 11 at 16:56

Whenever I try to open this page using Opera 11, I get an Information box popping up. Here is what it says:

"Your browser does not support scriptStorage or storage quota is not specified.

Set 'opera:config#Persistent Storage:User:JSStorage Quota' >=500Kb"

There is also a check box with the message "Stop executing scripts on this page". Okay

If I tick the check box or if I just click Okay, I must do this many times before it goes away and the page displays. What setting do I need to change to allow this site to just display normally? I never had this problem with any prior versions of Opera.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question re: Opera 11 and scripts

Type opera:config #Persistent Storage in the address bar, then look at the bottom item in the window, User JS Storage Quota, change the number from 500 to 1000 and click on Save.

A small bug that will be corrected in the next update, but actually doesn't mean much.

o

Could not find "User JS Storage Quota" in the window, but I'll keep looking. At least that gets me on the right track. In the meantime, I'll just use Chrome as my browser.

As always, thank you, zep.

o

grandms,

Can't see the User JS Storage Quota

Open the window by clicking on the small arrow in front of the *Persistent Storage* header.

o

Hey, it worked...was bugging me thank you.

o

Genial funciona perfecto, Muchas gracias!
Cool, Worked perfect. Thankyou very much!

o

I still can't find JSStorage. My Persistent storage window has the following items in it:

Databases Access Handling
Domain Quota Exceeded Handling For Databases
Domain Quota Exceeded Handling For Widget Preferences
Domain Quota Exceeded Handling For localStorage
Domain Quota For Databases
Domain Quota For Widget Preferences
Domain Quota For localStorage
Global Quota For Databases
Global Quota For Widget Preferences
Global Quota For localStorage
SQL Query Execution Timeout

What have I missed?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here