Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help on printing pictures from a disk

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 27, 13 at 15:36

I have several disks of photos from Photo Works, which has gone out of business and would like to print the pictures as shown on the disk to serve as a reference for the pictures I do have printed out. That is not individual but exactly shown. Can this be done and if so, how? I also noticed some of the disks are dirty and what can I use to clean them? I don't want these many pictures on the computer permanently. Any other ideas would be appreciated
Thanks Marie
You can email me direct also

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help on printing pictures from a disk

Not sure I understand the meaning of..."print the pictures as shown on the disk to serve as a reference for the pictures I do have printed out." It sounds like you want to print groups of thumbnail images. If so, why not copy/paste them into a .doc and then print that? Without knowing the number of discs, number of images and their size...not sure I understand your reluctance to store them on the computer unless you are very short on disc space. If that's the case, a few cheap USB flash drives could solve that problem.

o

Yes, I want to print the thumbnail images to use as a refrerence. Did not think of copy and paste, but I am not the most experienced on a computer.
Thanks
Marie

o

Marie - there is also a way to print a contact sheet thought the Windows print wizard if you haven't had success yet.

Open the file with the pictures on it. Click on the first picture you want printed, then while holding down the shift key, click on the last one. All the pictures will be highlighted. Right click and select PRINT.

Make sure you paper size is set to what you want, and on the right side select "contact sheet". If you have 8.5x11 paper, it will print 35 small pictures per page. It will automatically make more than one page if you have more than 35 pictures.

HTH

o

Also, in more recent versions of Windows there is a utility called "Snipping Tool" which is in the Accessories folder. It allows you to capture and save/print anything onscreen. It opens a re-sizeable window that can capture any rectangular area, from something small to the whole screen. If you are looking at a bunch of thumbnail views, it can capture all of them that are displayed with one click. Iowagirl's suggestion sounds like it might be better for your purposes, but the Snipping Tool is an alternative.

Here is a link that might be useful: Snipping Tool

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here