Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what color is your background at GardenWeb?

Posted by albert_135 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 15:26

Mine was sort of greenish. I got some bug, almost everything turned black. I and ran utilities. Avast removed something. Now my GW background is sort of bluish. Seemed to be a FF related. I don't use IE much but I don't think anything changed there.

Win 7 and FF 26.

No problem. Just curious,

ed - [Today my GW background is grey!

I haven't done anything since my OP a week ago. No one else uses this computer. Something curious is happening.]

This post was edited by albert_135 on Fri, Jan 24, 14 at 16:22

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what color is your background at GardenWeb?

A range of blues with snowflakes toward the top? Like this:
http://graphics.gardenweb.com/graphics/ivil/home_03-12-13/SnowFlakeTile3.gif

I have to be different though, I make mine look like this:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/html/msg0301380213583.html?14

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 23:10

o

Same as the above.

o

blue with snowflakes

o

Using FF...I do not load any images from GW and I also forbid Javascript (thanks NoScript!!!). As a result of one of these, my background is slightly tinted either blue or green. Don't care because all the annoying ads and stupid survey popups are finally gone.

If I load IE8, I still have the white background ...the images...and the blue w\snowflakes at the top of the page. Strange though...been using it for 10 min and no survey popup yet but there is an ad for one. Maybe GW gave up on the popup ads?

o

Today my GW background is grey!

I haven't done anything since my OP a week ago. No one else uses this computer. Something curious is happening.

o

mine is gray with snowy trees :-)

It's just part of Garden Web's new look.

I like it :-)

Pam

This post was edited by pkponder on Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 21:40

o

Like Pam; gray with snowy trees and I like it too except that it is 10 a.m. and it is still only 15 degrees F outside.

o

Midway through my browsing today my GW backgrounds all turned pink.

o

Albert mine is pink as well, was sort of greenish previously, easier to read than pink, hope they get tired of playing with this stuff, and leave alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Mine is pink also...but this is GW...so what else is new?

o

Consider the date. Look under the Gardenweb banner at the top and you'll see a red rose, something to do with Valentines Day.

o

This Valentine's Day image.

Applied on line number 23 of this style sheet.

o

bah humbug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

yesterday's background color was pale green today's is pink. Either is fine what I dislike and cannot seem to get rid of is the text to the right on this page about exploring Garden Web and on the most recent posts. Done a lot of checking and can't seem to find a solution even though I have all the usual ad blocks FF has to offer.

o

"... what I dislike and cannot seem to get rid of is the text to the right on this page ..."

"Filter Preferences->Custom Filters->Add Filter"
gardenweb.com###sidebar

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/comphelp/msg1217510723913.html#GWCPostTitle4

o

As of today, mine has large, sort of greyed-out red roses on a white background, while the actual messages appear on a white background, and the whole area with the messages scrolls up and down, while the roses remain where they are.

o

Thank you Chuggerguy...you've made my day

o

No problem Teotiki. Thanks for saying so.

BTW, if you have the time(it doesn't take that much) to learn to use Element Hiding Helper, you'll probably find it to be extremely useful.

o

Pepto bismal pink, Horrible to look at for any amount of time. The bluish color was good, they should have left it.

o

I sure must be boring as my background is white like it always has been.
Oh, I am using Firefox.

This post was edited by marciasc on Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 13:30

o

Chuggerguy.....

With the text gone [ thank you again] do you think I'll need the element helper?

Teo

o

Teo,

Personally, I find it to be a valuable supplement/helper to Adblock Plus but that doesn't necessarily mean you would. Only you can decide that.

Probably it's just something to remember exists, just in case some day a need arises?

Richard

o

Richard

I've had a look and think like you said it'll come in handy. Gonna add it for sure.

Thanks again. Do you happen to know if the anti malwarebytes scan ever gives up false positives?

Teo

o

No Teo, sorry to say, I know next to nothing about malware or its prevention. Truthfully, I almost exclusively run Linux.

o

Ah. lucky you. By the way my colors back to pale green which I do have to say I now prefer it over pink.

Thanks for the come back

Teo

o

Not sure about anyone else but the background I see is of bluish silhouettes of Olympic events along with the words Sochi 2014.

o

Imagine my surprise coming to this forum and finding the normal white background AND all the images I had previously blocked were loading again. Then I went looking for the setting to block images again and could not find it. I'm thinking FF has removed the ability to block images from a specific site. No matter...I installed the IMAGE BLOCK add-on for FF and can now block images globally across all sites and turn blocking on/off as desired. With the images now blocked, the pale blue background is back.

o

Sometime in Feb my background here returned to my old off-white -- until this morning.

Sometime between 0800 PDT and 1100 PDT it switched to a not unpleasant robin-egg(?) blue.

o

Mine is gray at the present time and it matches my Brushed Metal XP FF theme. Sometimes it is orange sherbert, light purples and of course Cat's pepto bismo pink..which I like. LOL I like anything but that stark white.

o

Mine shows morning Glory flowers and vines ...lol

o

Plain aqua at the top behind the site logo. White elsewhere: no morning glories or patterns or whatever.

I'm using FF with Adblock Plus....

o

They have the center portion of the page set to a fixed width of 953px.

Depending on your display dimensions(in pixels) you may see more or less of the background with the Morning Glories.

o

I use IE for a browser and my gardenweb background is white to a very light cream.

o

mine is white I sure wiah I knew how to make the headings on the posts dark or black right now they are in very pale light blue

o

Depending on your display dimensions(in pixels) you may see more or less of the background with the Morning Glories.

And if I zoom out a bit, lo and behold: there are the morning glories!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here