Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Taking text, &, or pics out of a pdf file?

Posted by shaddy101 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 28, 14 at 14:27

I want to take a couple pdf's apart and use some of the text, and pics within. Is there a simple, and I mean simple way to do this, or are they "locked" in there never to be removed? I am working with pdfs that are made and sent by others, not those I make up myself. I think I can do those with no problem.
Thanks for any info

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Taking text, &, or pics out of a pdf file?

............ not those I make up myself. I think I can do those with no problem. .....

If you can create a PDF file then use the same program to open this one.

Most of us have just the simple PDF reader as we do not need to create PDF files.

If you cannot open it then the pictures can be had by taking a screen shot and editing it in your photo editing program. Place the photo where it is fully visible then tap the 'Print Scrn' or 'PRN SCRN' key next to your F12 button. Open your photo editor, right click in the work space then click Paste in the pop up. Crop to your liking and name it.

o

Oh owbist, I never thought of that, I am not into some of the programs I even have on the machine, but have used Paint, and print screen many times, just need to review I guess. Thanks a heap, good thinking, and much appreciated. Gonna give it a shot.

o

Did the deed, and found it works like a charm, thanks sooo much for your input, really appreciate someone else's viewpoint.

o

Glad it all worked out for you :~)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here