Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why can't I log in on iPad or iPhone

Posted by kitchendetective (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 12:00

I have no problem logging on to Gardenweb on my iMac desk top. In the past, I had no problem logging in on my iPhone or iPad. Then, all of a sudden, every time I tried to log in on the iPhone, it kept telling me to log in all over again. The same thing started happening, but only intermittently on the iPad (2, 3G), too. Then the iPad stopped taking the log in completely. Yesterday, it allowed me to log in again. Today, it won't. Huh???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why can't I log in on iPad or iPhone

I submitted a trouble ticket with GW this morning. Apparently there was an issue with one of the servers and some folks couldn't log in. It seems to be resolved now.

Pam

o

"It seems to be resolved now."
Nope. Phone still doesn't work.

o

Do you get an error? Any recent password changes?

I mistakenly assumed that your issue was related to GW and not your phone. My apologies.

o

I think it is a GW problem. At least, GW is the only site where I am having it. I can now enter my password and post using my computer and my iPad, as I am now doing, but I still cannot log in via iPhone. It keeps telling me that I must log in after I enter my user name and password on the iPhone. My updates are current, if that matters. No, no error message appears, no passwords have changed.

This post was edited by kitchendetective on Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 18:02

o

try logging out then go to the main page at GW to do that go up to the very top of the page in the colored part and click on Garden Web, from there try your logging in. For some reason many times it works from there when it won't at the forums.

Also be sure to go into the phone settings for the browser and clear all the cache and history and cookies.

o

I appreciate your efforts to help. I did try clearing caches, cookies, etc., and logging in from the top, but, as of last night, I can no longer log in on the iPad or on the iPhone. This is not intended as at all sarcastic. I'm frustrated, but I guess it really isn't that important to be able to make GardenWeb entries from i-devices.

o

Have you maybe tried a different browser?

Here is a link that might be useful: Chrome for iPhone and iPad

o

I don't have any I products but have no problem at all with my various Android devices.

o

So, I just put Chrome on my iPad and this is a test. If it works, that still doesn't answer why my old browser would have newly minted issues, though. I'm sure I sound like a techno- idiot, but I really do want to understand.

o

It works on Safari on iPad, too. Neither works on iPhone. No one on other fora seems to be having the same problem.

o

Seems to be a 3G issue, for those following along. If I put in my Wifi password for whichever node services the area of the house where I happen to be, the problem goes away. If I go back to trying to use 3G, the problem returns and is present probably 99% of the time.

o

I tried the wifi fix, it works! Thanks, I could log in in my iPad on AT&T LTE wireless until about a month ago, then all of the sudden it no longer would let me log in.

Now I can.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here