Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yahoo Mail Hacked Again!

Posted by Aputernut (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 31, 14 at 11:11

80 mil. accounts hacked again, this means the hackers get all your info. Not me don't use it! but was on the Today Show News. Go into your act. and change your password ASAP, and if possible login with a new act.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yahoo Mail Hacked Again!

Whilst your story is correct a link would have been helpful so readers can verify it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yahoo hacked

o

For anyone interested try below. I would hope readers know Google is your friend.

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: Google

o

I wasn't prompted to reset my Yahoo password but I did anyway. Don't know if mine was hacked but if it was I hope they enjoy reading all my SPAM because that's what I use Yahoo for...a SPAM collector. Webmail is a useful tool but an attack like this demonstrates it's inherent weakness. I'll stick with Thunderbird which never been a problem.

o

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/think-cookies-hurt-privacy-youll-123744973.html
Anyone doesn't think Google uses your information?

Here is a link that might be useful: Google -- also exposed.

o

As I understand it, the purpose of whatever information analytics are used by Google and others is to try to tailor ad delivery. Magazines and newspapers have been doing the same thing for years, though perhaps not always with the same information.

No one tracks or cares about how many times a week YOU go to the bank or what route you take to get there. Anyone who wants to track me is more than welcome to do so.

The thing is, the alternative is a string and two tin cans. People aren't willing to ditch their smartphones, most people aren't bothered by the data accumulation aspect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here