SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seik4123

Spy bot 2.2 or 1.6.2.

Sheila
10 years ago

Which is best for Win8.1 system? I want to install this on my new HP Pavillion laptop.

Comments (6)

• Sheila
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The computer says it's turned off and doesn't respond when I click to turn it on. The pre installed Norton has expired, so without Defender I'm totally unprotected.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

Typically if the computer is turned off, you will have to physically press the power button to turn it back on.

Always use the newest version of any Anti spyware tool, so Spy Bot 2.2 would be the correct choice of the versions that you mentioned.

• DA_Mccoy
    10 years ago

Historically there were complaints regarding v2.2. In response I never upgraded my prior system from the old reliable v1.6.2. I am not using SB at all on this new system as I find SAS and MWB sufficient.

Since both versions are " All Windows versions" capable I recommend doing research as to current complaints.
    DA

• Sheila
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pkponder, you misunderstood, it is Windows Defender that is turned off, not the computer itself. I wanted to use Win Defender for the anti virus protection since my Norton free tryout has expired.

How do I enable Win Defender?

• zep516
    10 years ago

How to Disable/Enable Windows defender in Windows 8

Here is a link that might be useful: How do I enable Win Defender?

• Sheila
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thx Zep. I uninstalled Norton and defender popped up and is now functioning.

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer