Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Software to completely remove SaveSense?

Posted by Ilikecats (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 9, 14 at 9:52

Hello. I was trying to remove a program from my laptop. It started showing me messages and advertisements and I didn't want that. The program is called SaveSense. I tied to remove it from Control Panel, but it wasn't that easy.. it was still there. So I did a little search and I googled it and I found some more detailed information about how to remove it properly. So I did the steps shown here http://www.xp-vista.com/spyware-removal/savesense-removal-guide
But the program they recommend is unknown to me and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to do. Should I download it, or should I search for another one and what would be a good choice? Thank you for your time :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Software to completely remove SaveSense?

Revo uninstaller will get rid of it and it's a free software download.

o

Yup Revo unninstaller will do the job. Be sure to "select all" when/if registry entries appear then click to delete before moving to next page.

o

First of all select advance mode. Then as O reports be sure to select all through the entire process. Be advised REVO will first create a restore point, and then use the target application's uninstaller to initiate the removal. REVO will then continue on from there. I suggest using CCleaner's registry tool as a follow up after REVO as it is not uncommon for CC to find an orphan entry missed by REVO. When doing so only remove the entries pertaining to the target application.

DA

o

Welcome to the site Ilikecats. :)

"... the program they recommend is unknown to me and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to do. Should I download it ..."

In my opinion, no. Just take a look at the WOT rating of xp-vista.com

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/xp-vista.com

and the source of the software Spyhunter that they(xp-vista.com) promote

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/enigmasoftware.com

By the way, in addition to the advice given above, I would recommend using the WOT Firefox add-on. It won't catch everything, but might have helped in this case.

**SPAM?**

o

Thank you all for the help!! You guys are awesome :))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here