SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20095016

No suitable graphic devices found

User
12 years ago

I must apologize for posting first on the KT 1/2 hour ago inside another's post.

I am working on an Asus, Windows 7 PC. One year old

Problem: I lost suitable graphic devices. Here is how I did it.

I have been working thru the night with no problems.

I read the advice Raven gave to someone about using Secunia and checked out my system and they found some vulnerabilities - Adobe and some Microsoft critical updates. I wanted the updates and got them. It was also suggested that I get rid of Quicktime which I thought I had. So , I did.

Afterwards, things looked good and I continued my break some more to play solitare. The icon is on my task bar. I clicked on the picture and got

"No suitable graphics devices found."

This appears to be true of all my games that came with Microsoft.

I got out my Seagate Go Flex and thought I could get it off there. Wanted to first use Kaspersky to assure it was safe. 20 minutes into the check I got a notice to turn the computer off - serious words (that blinded my brain)- if this is the first command to reboot then I should do it and I did.

Things seem in order except the message of "not suitable graphics devices found." I decided to restore back 1 1/2 hours which took out only a critical Microsoft update (KB2588542)

Don't know how I lost the devices but quite sure it is user error. Any thoughts?

PS: Kept getting a message to use Uniblue. I didn't but looked it up it is partnered with Microsoft someway but the reviews that looked honest said to stay away from it.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!