SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dee_can1

Need help with Outlook 2013 email

dee_can1
10 years ago

I'm having a heck of a time with Outlook 2013 on a new Windows 8 computer.

The W8 computer will be replacing an old XP computer that has (good ole) Outlook Express mail with a (good ole) POP account. I set up the W8 computer with an IMAP account - not that I'm sure this was the correct account type to choose; but I've read W8 doesn't support POP accounts.

From the beginning, with the new IMAP account on Outlook 2013, any incoming emails in the inbox vanished after being there for sometimes less than a minute or sometimes as long as 10 whole minutes - ha.

I searched the internet high and low and it seems there are a lot of people with vanishing-mail-in-inbox problems out there. I'm wondering if it's because the emails are being stored on the XP (POP) computer so they don't stay in the inbox on the W8 computer. I thought of changing the XP to an IMAP account; but I think I would like to avoid that because I don't want the emails being kept on the server. Or is it ok to keep the emails on the server?

I tried setting up the Outlook 2013 to be a POP account, but the mail wouldn't show up at all. So, I set it back to IMAP account, and the emails show up sometimes, and sometimes they don't - but always with the same vanishing problem. I can't find them in any other box, nor are they stored at Outlook.com.

I've tried creating a new account several times in Outlook 2013, and I still can't resolve the inbox problem. The 'sent' emails have stayed in the 'Sent' box, though. Any ideas?

This post was edited by dee_can on Fri, Jan 24, 14 at 8:52

Comments (3)