Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Doit online'

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 23:17

Has anyone heard of this site?
I get ads multiple times a day wanting me to use them as an 'appointment reminder'. I can 'unsubscribe,, but then I have to verify my email address. I don't know if that could bring a virus. I use an Ipad, which is supposed to be harder to get a virus.....yet....
Do I risk ,unsubscribe'? If not, what else can I do? Putting the email in spam does not stop it...
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Doit online'

Assuming it is coming into a yahoo email address, you can add it to blocked senders. See link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Block Spam on Yahoo! Mail

o

I have at first put them in 'junk', thinking that it was the same as 'spam', which did nothing. Then I found out it was not the same. I then put it in the real 'spam', but still get them.... That is why I am wondering if I dare risk unsubscribing.... Or maybe they use different addresses and it will take some time for all the addresses will get spammed?
Your thoughts?
Thanks

o

I always unsubscribe and have never had a problem. They already have your email. I joined mylife.com to contact one of my grand kids about a death in the family and I started getting 2 or 3 emails a day from mylife. Their unsubscribe did not work so I called them and they said it would take 5 to 7 days for the mail to stop. I did a scan afterwards because the mylife site was black listed by WOT. I found one tracking cookie.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here