Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This is both frustrating and important

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 11:07

I understand Yahoo has been having problems, especially the past few days. When I called Apple Support because I could not get mail to go through, I was told that Apple had been getting many calls that day with the same problem.
Now it is random.
Using gmail did not help. Neither did Aol- my friend did not get any mail, then about 50 came at once.
Sometimes it is taking 24 hours for the mail to get through.

This is causing problems for me as a Board member for our housing community...
When an email fails to go through, and I get a 'failed' notice, I have no idea which mail it was, as the returned is entirely encrypted!
I know WHO I sent it to, but that does not help, as I send many to that person. The subject is also encrypted.
This causes problems because the property manager can say she never got an email about the problem.
My 'sent' shows that everything has been sent. There is nothing left over in my 'outbox'.
What a mess...
Thx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This is both frustrating and important

There are few things that need to be checked such as is this a problem only your network? Meaning do other members of your community have this problem. Do people on a different network have this problem ie ask a friend who uses a different network. Furthermore, do you have a virus/firewall protection on your mac? Have you tried a different computer/device. Ultimately, this issue comes down to figure out which sever or if it is your computer directly that is causing the problem.

o
RE: This is both frustrating and important

I had problems with gmail and yahoo after trying twice and quit both, to many problems. I use Windows Live mail and set it up so my server's mail is sent there. I have never had a problem. I did not like the 2 inches of options on top of the mail, so I set up the quick access bar by clicking and dragging what I wanted on to the bar and closed the reg bar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here