SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbear2767

Humor Thread for 2010

Pooh Bear
14 years ago

Here is the new humor thread for 2010.

This thread will run until January, 2011.

Until then please post all jokes here.

Thanks to everyone who contributes.

The humor thread was started in September of 2002.

Comments (53)

• minnie_tx
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Noah opens up the ark and lets all the animals out, telling them to "Go forth and multiply."
    He's closing the great doors of the ark when he notices that there are two snakes sitting
    in a dark corner. So he says to them, "Didn't you hear me? You can go now. Go forth and multiply."
    "We can't," said the snakes, "We're adders."

• minnie_tx
    14 years ago

An out-of-towner drove his car into a ditch in a desolated area. Luckily, a local farmer came to help with his big strong horse named Buddy.

He hitched Buddy up to the car and yelled, "Pull, Nellie, pull!"

Buddy didn't move. Then the farmer hollered, "Pull, Buster, pull!"

Buddy didn't respond.

Once more the farmer commanded, "Pull, Coco, pull!" Nothing...

Then the farmer nonchalantly said, "Pull, Buddy, pull!" And the horse easily dragged the car out of the ditch.

The motorist was most appreciative and very curious. He asked the farmer why he called his horse by the wrong name three times.

The farmer said, "Oh, Buddy is blind and if he thought he was the only one pulling, he wouldn't even try!"
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The banker fell overboard from a friend's sailboat.
    The friend grabbed a life preserver, held it up, not knowing if the banker could swim, and shouted, "Can you float alone?"
    "Well, you would need some sort of collateral," the banker replied, "but this is a heck of a time to talk business."

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Winterswapping 2010, thread 2

Q

Comments (69)
    I was thrilled to get my package this week. WOW! So many wonderful seeds to try! I can't wait to start my wintersowing. Thank you so much Carolyn for the great job you did hosting for us. I appreciate all your hard work in getting the seeds back out to everybody. Thanks to all my gardening friends for sharing your seeds with me. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. Daisy
    ...See More

2010/2011 Official Dixondale Onion Thread

Q

Comments (89)
    It's Official! Our order has been placed. It will ship on 2/21 by UPS, scheduled to arrive at my place on Thursday, 2/24. I will be meeting the OKC people on Friday after work (details to follow) and pmac will be meeting the Norman/Moore people on Saturday. Carol will be sharing the details of her Tulsa trip soon. We got a better-than-anticipated price on the leeks, so you'll see that reflected in your total. Thank you for having personal checks postmarked by February 5. Here are the final totals: Norman: avidchamp, 2 onions, 2 leeks, $14.00 biradarcm, 12 onions, 1/2 leek, $33.00 momfryhover, 3 onions, 1 leek, $12.00 P-mac, 8 bunches, $20 Mail: Dodemeister, 2 bunches, $5.00 plus $5.20 shipping Justsaymo, 3 bunches, $7.50 plus $5.20 shipping Leava, 10 onions, $25 plus $10.95 shipping Okiedawn, 6 onions, 1 leek, $19.50 plus $10.95 shipping Tulsa: Danni girl, 4 onions, one leek, $13 Msspriggs, 6 onions, 2 leeks, $24.00 OkiePokie, 2 onions, $5 Soonergrandmom, 4 onions, 1 leek, $14.50 Oklahoma City: Aikimikey, 5 bunches, $12.50 Carsonsmimi, 3 onions, 1/2 leek,$10.50 Chefgumby, 2 onions, 1/2 leek, $8 Daleok, 2 onion, 1 leek, $9.50 Jcheckers, 6 bunches, $15 Mrsb73122, 2 bunches, $5 Okfella, 6 bunches, $15 Yippee! Seedmama
    ...See More

UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap 2010 Thank Yous and Games ( thread 5)

Q

Comments (150)
    My dad hasn't been able to log in and post for over a week, and he's getting pretty frustrated! He emailed gardenweb but they didn't respond yet. Anyways, he sent me this message because he wanted to thank everyone for all of the cards he received so far, which is a lot! ***THANK YOU FROM GARDENDAD_2K10*** Wow wow WOW - I am just overwhelmed with happiness with all of the cards and seeds I have been receiving! Everyone has been very generous and I am very grateful to you all for this. I have a whole pile of cards that I will be thanking people for, so stay with me. BUSTANI - Christmas tree card with a present inside. I opened the present and out came never-ending seeds. Wow wow WOW! I think they were all hand-drawn on and colored with Christmas sayings. I could see that a lot of work went into packaging these up and I am very grateful. She sent Cherry Bomb Pepper, Catnip and Catgrass (Kitty is very grateful), Sugar Snap Peas, Basil Mix, Blue Lake Bush Bean, Nature Sweet Tomato (LOVE TOMATOES!), and Habenero red & orange mix seeds. Thank you very much. You are more than generous and thoughtful. Merry Christmas! DEBBY_1 - Cat with a Santa hat on sticker was sealing the envelope. Very cute. I got a reindeer card and inside was Pepper long red cayenne and rutgers tomato seeds. Thank you very much! Peppers and tomatoes are my specialty and I can't wait to try these out. Happy Holidays! MOLLY_AND_ME - Candy sticker sealing envelope. I think the card was handmade - very professionally done. You have a great talent! I got seed paper that has Mammoth Sweet Basil embedded in it and some catnip for the kitty. How do you make seed paper? It looks great, I am interested in making some of my own sometime. Very creative person - a lot of time has obviously gone into this card and the seed presentation. Thank you and Merry Christmas! JULIE2112 - 3-D mitten card looks very cool. She sent me tons of seeds, how generous! I got onion 'white sweet spanish', pineapple tomato (wow sounds interesting!), amish paste (Have to look that one up), cauliflower 'snowball' (never grown that before but looking forward to it!), cauliflower 'self blanch', beefsteak tomato (one of my favorites), and Rutgers tomato seeds. Thank you very much - I love them all and will plant them with care. Happy holidays! DIRTDADDY - Very cool Elvis Card along with lots and lots of seeds. I got Parsley Extra Triple Curled, Fish Hot Pepper (his favorite, looks interesting!), Louisiana Red Cayenne, Thai Basil, Mavi Purple Hot Pepper, Tepin Pepper, Wenks Hot Pepper, Dr. Wyche's Tomato, and Lemon Drop Hot Chile Pepper seeds. Wow - I can't thank you enough. It must have taken forever to harvest those seeds - I am very grateful and can't wait to grow these. So many varieties that I have never tried before. Thanks so much and Merry Christmas! RUTHZ - Cool snowman card that says 'let it snow' with some great seeds inside. I got yellow eye bush bean, japone pepper, and...
    ...See More

Humor Thread

Q

Comments (0)
    Here is the new humor thread starting 2014. This thread will run until it is full. Until then please post all jokes here. Thanks to everyone who contributes. The humor thread was started in September of 2002.
    ...See More
  • minnie_tx
    14 years ago

The Man Needs a Push

GOD LOVES DRUNK PEOPLE TOO

A man and his wife were awakened at 3:00 am by a loud pounding
    on the door. The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken
    stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.

"Not a chance," says the husband, "it is 3:00 in the morning!"

He slams the door and returns to bed.

"Who was that?" asked his wife..

"Just some drunk guy asking for a push," he answers.

"Did you help him?" she asks.

"No, I did not, it is 3:00 in the morning and it is pouring
    rain out there!"

"Well, you have a short memory," says his wife. "Can't you
    remember about three months ago when we broke down, and those two
    guys helped us?

I think you should help him, and you should be ashamed of
    yourself!"

The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the
    pounding rain.

He calls out into the dark, "Hello, are you still there?"

"Yes," comes back the answer.

"Do you still need a push?" calls out the husband.

"Yes, please!" comes the reply from the dark.

"Where are you?" asks the husband.

"Over here on the swing," replied the drunk.

• minnie_tx
    14 years ago

A magician was working on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. The audience would be different each week, so the magician allowed himself to do the same tricks over and over again. There was only one problem: The captain's parrot saw the shows every week and began to understand what the magician does in every trick.

Once he understood that, he started shouting in the middle of the show:

"Look, it's not the same hat!"

"Look, he is hiding the flowers under the table!"

"Hey, why are all the cards the Ace of Spades?"

The magician was furious but couldn't do anything-it was the captain's parrot after all.

One day, the ship had an accident and sunk. The magician found himself on a piece of wood, in the middle of the ocean, with the parrot. They stared at each other with hate, but did not utter a word. This went on for a day, and another, and another.

After a week the parrot finally said, "Okay. I give up. What'd you do with the boat?"

• minnie_tx
    14 years ago

Did I Read That Sign Right?

In an office:
    TOILET OUT OF ORDER...... PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW

In a Laundromat:
    AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT

In a London department store:
    BARGAIN BASEMENT UPSTAIRS

In an office:
    WOULD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE STEP LADDER YESTERDAY PLEASE BRING IT BACK OR FURTHER STEPS WILL BE TAKEN

In an office:
    AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD

Outside a secondhand shop:
    WE EXCHANGE ANYTHING - BICYCLES, WASHING MACHINES, ETC. WHY NOT BRING YOUR WIFE ALONG AND GET A WONDERFUL BARGAIN?

Notice in health food shop window:
    CLOSED DUE TO ILLNESS

Spotted in a safari park:
    ELEPHANTS PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR

Seen during a conference:
    FOR ANYONE WHO HAS CHILDREN AND DOESN'T KNOW IT, THERE IS A DAY CARE ON THE 1ST FLOOR

Notice in a farmer's field:
    THE FARMER ALLOWS WALKERS TO CROSS THE FIELD FOR FREE, BUT THE BULL CHARGES.

On a repair shop door:
    WE CAN REPAIR ANYTHING. (PLEASE KNOCK HARD ON THE DOOR - THE BELL DOESN'T WORK)

• minnie_tx
    14 years ago

A man walks into a bar with an ostrich behind him. The bartender asks for his order, and the man says, "I'll have a beer," and turns to the ostrich. "What's yours?"
    "I'll have a beer, too," says the ostrich.
    The bartender pours the beer and says, "That will be $3.40 please," and the man reaches into his pocket and pulls out exact change for payment.
    The next day, the man and the ostrich come again, and both order a beer. Once again, the man reaches into his pocket and pays with exact change.
    This becomes a routine until, late one evening, the two enter again and the bartender asks, "The usual?"
    "Well, it's close to last call, so I'll have a large scotch," says the man.
    "Same for me," says the ostrich.
    "That will be $7.20," says the bartender.
    Once again, the man pulls exact change out of his pocket and places it on the bar. The bartender can't hold back his curiosity any longer. "Excuse me, sir. How do you manage to come up with the exact change out of your pocket every time?"
    Well," says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the attic, and I found an old lamp. When I rubbed it, a genie appeared and offered me two wishes.
    My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I just put my hand in my pocket, and the right amount of money will always be there."
    "That's brilliant!" says the bartender. "Most people would wish for a million dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live!
    "That's right! Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact money is always there," says the man.
    The bartender asks, "One other thing, sir; what's with the ostrich?"
    The man replies, "My second wish was for a chick with long legs."

• minnie_tx
    14 years ago

Am I using my computer too much?

I warned my son, "You've got a heap of trouble in your shopping cart and you're one click away from check-out!"

I told my daughter, "Ctrl+X your attitude young lady!"

I challenged a co-worker, "If you don't believe me, just Google it!"

My uncle was having a mid-life crisis and I reminded him, "Be carefulwhen you reformat, important files can get lost."

"Even though Grandma's gone," I consoled my father, "she'll remain in our registry."

When my wife reminded me to do something for the tenth time I replied, "Net congestion made it take longer to download"

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

A guy walks into a bar and starts chatting with a tall, attractive blonde woman. During the course of the conversation he says would you like to hear a 'blonde' joke ?

"Well", says the girl, "I'm obviously blonde, I'm 6 feet tall without heels and I've been training in judo for the past 5 years."

Raising her voice slightly she went on, "My flatmate's blonde, she's 6 feet 2 inches tall, has been involved in karate for 10 years, she's a black belt and has been Southern Counties Ladies' Champion for the past 3 years.

Lastly she added "My next door neighbor's blonde, she weighs over 200 pounds and is a professional womens' wrestler, do you still want to tell the joke about a blonde ?"

"Well no" came the reply, "Not if I've got to explain it 3 times".

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Q: What did the dad buffalo say to his son on the first day of school?

A: Bison

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

A jeweler standing behind the counter of his shop after hours was astounded to see a suspicious looking man in a black ski mask come hurling headfirst through the window.

"What on earth are you up to? What happened"? he demanded.

"I'm terribly sorry," said the man. "I forgot to let go of the brick."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Surprise!

On a whim, a man decided to get his wife a dozen roses and surprise her after work.

The minute he opened the door, his wife took one look at the flowers in his hand and started screaming.

"This is the worst day I have ever had! The kids have been terrible. They got in a food fight, the washing machine broke and flooded the basement, I burned dinner, the dog chewed up my best pair of shoes."

"And now you've got the nerve to come home drunk!"

• Pooh Bear
    Original Author
    13 years ago

a, b, c, d, e, f, g, gummy bears are chasing me.
    One is red, one is blue, one is peeing on my shoe.
    Now I'm running for my life cause the red one has a knife!!!

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

One lovely morning, Ben and Thomas were out golfing.

Ben slices his ball deep into a wooded ravine. He maintains his positive attitude though and grabs his 8-iron, while proceeding down the embankment into the ravine in search of his ball. He trudges diligently through the thick underbrush and suddenly, he spots something shiny.

As he gets closer, he realizes the shiny object is in fact an 8-iron in the hands of a skeleton, which has obviously been lying near an old golf ball for a number of years.

Ben excitedly calls out to his golfing partner, "Hey Thomas, come here. I've got big trouble down here."

Thomas comes running over to the edge of the ravine and calls out, "What's the matter Ben"?

Ben shouts back in a nervous voice, "Better throw me my 7-iron! Something tells me I won't be getting out of here with an 8-iron."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Two tourists were driving through Louisiana.

As they were approaching Natchitoches, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town. They argued back and forth until they stopped for lunch.

As they stood at the counter, one tourist asked the employee, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are, very slowly"?

The guy leaned over the counter and said, "Burrrrrrrrgerrrrrrr Kiiiiing."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Two women met for the first time since graduating from high school together many years ago.One asked the other, "You were always so organized in school. Have you had a nice life?"

"I have lived a well-planned life," her old friend responded. "My first marriage was to a millionaire. My second marriage was to an actor. My third husband was a preacher, and now Im married to an undertaker."

Her friend asked, "What do those marriages have to do with a well-planned life?"

"One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go!"

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Nine Out of Ten

I was meeting a friend in a bar and as I went in, I noticed two pretty girls looking at me.

"Nine," I heard one whisper as I passed.

Feeling pleased with myself, I swaggered over to my buddy and told him a girl had just rated me a nine out of ten.

"I don't want to ruin it for you," he said, "but when I walked in, they were speaking German

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

An electrical engineer, a chemical engineer and a Microsoft software engineer are driving together. Suddenly, the car just stops by the side of the road.

The electrical engineer says, "It's probably the car's internal electronics. We should check all the wiring and maybe we can trace where a fault might have occurred."

The chemical engineer says, "Maybe the fuel is becoming emulsified and it's getting blocked somewhere."

The Microsoft software engineer says, "If we close all the windows, get out, get back in, then open the windows again, maybe it'll work!"

• Pooh Bear
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Juan Vega, the clam diver, found an injured sea otter and nursed it back to health. From the moment the grateful otter was able to walk, it never left Juan's side. It even learned to dig clams.

One day, a man went to Juan's house looking to hire him for a week. His wife answered the door.

"Sure" Juan's wife said, "It will cost you $500."

"That much? Why?"

"Your getting my husband and his otter. They bring up more clams than anyone else in town."

"I just want Juan. I'll hire him alone for $300." the man countered.

"Sorry." she shrugged. "You can't have Juan without the otter."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Ron was almost 29 years old. Most of his friends were already married while Ron just bounced from one relationship to the next.

Finally a friend asked him, "What's the matter, are you looking for the perfect woman? Are you THAT particular? Can't you find anyone who suits you?"

"No," Ron replied. "I meet a lot of nice girls, but as soon as I bring them home to meet my parents, my mother doesn't like them. So I keep on looking!"

"Listen," his friend suggested, "Why don't you find a girl who's just like your dear ole Mother?"

Many weeks passed before Ron and his friend crossed paths again.

"So Ron. Did you find the perfect girl yet. One that's just like your Mother?"

Ron shrugged his shoulders, "Yes I found one just like Mom. My mother loved her, they became great friends."

"Excellent!!! So... Are you and this girl engaged yet?"

"I'm afraid not," Ron replied, "My Father can't stand her!"

• zep516
    13 years ago

A senior citizen in Texas drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left. "Amazing," he thought as he flew down I-40, pushing the pedal even more.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a Texas State Trooper, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this!"and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival.
    Pulling in behind him, the trooper got out of his vehicle and walked up to the Corvette. He looked at his watch, then said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a new reason for speeding--a reason I've never before heard -- I'll let you go."
    The old gentleman paused then said: "Three years ago, my wife ran off with a Texas State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."
    "Have a good day, Sir," replied the trooper.

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

f Only Life Was Like A Computer!

If you messed up your life, you could press "Alt, Ctrl, Delete" and start all over!

To get your daily exercise, just click on "run."

If you needed a break from life, click on "suspend."

Hit "any key" to continue life when ready.

To get even with the neighbors, turn up the sound blaster.

To "add/remove" someone in your life, click settings and control panel.

To improve your appearance, just adjust the display settings.

If life gets too noisy, turn off the speakers.

When you lose your car keys, click on "find."

"Help" with the chores is just a click away.

You wouldnt need auto insurance. Youd use your diskette to recover from a crash.

We could click on "send" and the kids would go to bed immediately.

To feel like a new person, click on "refresh."

Click on "close" to shut up the kids and spouse.

To undo a mistake, click on "back."

Is your wardrobe getting old? Click "update."

If you dont like cleaning the litter box, click on "delete."

• zep516
    13 years ago

Stumpy Grinder and his wife Martha were from Portland, Maine.
    Every year they went to the Portland Fair and every year Stumpy said,
    "Ya know, Mahtha, I'd like ta get a ride in that theah aihplane."
    And every year, Martha would say
    "I know, Stumpy, but that aihplane ride costs ten dollahs .. and ten dollahs is ten dollahs."
    So one year Stumpy says,
    "By Jeebers, Mahtha, I'm 71 yeahs old, and if I don't go this time I may nevah go."
    Martha replies, "Stumpy, that there aihplane ride is ten dollahs ... and ten dollahs is ten dollahs."
    So the pilot overhears then and says,
    "Folks, I'll make you a deal. I'll take you both up for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say ONE WORD, then I won't charge you. But just ONE WORD and it's ten dollars."
    They agree and up they go...
    the pilot does all kinds of twists and turns, rolls and dives, but not a word is heard.
    He does it one more time, and there is still no word... so he lands.
    He turns to Stumpy as they come to a stop and says,
    "By golly, I did everything I could think of to get you to holler out, but you didn't."
    And Stumpy replies "Well, I was gonna say something when Mahtha fell out ... but ten dollahs is ten dollahs."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

A pair of chickens walk into a public library, find the librarian and say, 'Buk Buk BUK.' The librarian decides that the chickens want three books, and promptly gives them some. Without further ado, the chickens walk out.

Around midday, the two chickens are back and looking quite annoyed. One leans over to the librarian and says,' Buk Buk BuKKOOK!' The librarian decides that the chickens want another three books and promptly gives them some more. The chickens leave as before.

About an hour later the two birds march back in, approach the librarian, looking very angry now and nearly shouting, 'Buk Buk Buk Buk Bukkooook!'

The librarian is now starting to get worried about where all her stock is going. She decides to give them more books but also to follow them and find out what's happening.

She followed them out of the library, out of town, and into to a park. At this point, she hid behind a tree, not wanting to be seen.

She saw the two chickens throwing the books at a frog in a pond, to which the frog was kept repeating, "Rrredit Rrredit Rrredit..."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Wow...

Some race horses staying in a stable. One of them starts to boast about his track record. "In the last 15 races, I've won 8 of them!"

Another horse breaks in, "Well in the last 27 races, I've won 19!!"

"Oh that's good, but in the last 36 races, I've won 28!", says another, flicking his tail.

At this point, they notice that a greyhound dog has been sitting there listening. "I don't mean to boast," says the greyhound, "but in my last 90 races, I've won 88 of them!"

The horses are clearly amazed. "Wow!" says one, after a hushed silence. "A talking dog."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

millionaire put two big sharks into his swimming pool and declared to his party of friends, "If anyone can swim to the other side, I'll give him anything he wants".

Suddenly a small man dove in a swam furiously to the other side unharmed.

After the stunned applause, the millionaire asked him what he wanted.

The small man gasping for breath said, "I want to know who the heck pushed me in!"

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

An old man lived alone in Idaho. He wanted to spade his potato garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, Bubba, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament.

Dear Bubba:
    I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me.
    Love, Dad

A few days later, he received a letter from his son.

Dear Dad:
    For heaven's sake, Dad, don't dig up that garden. That's where I buried the BODIES.
    Love, Bubba

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local Police showed up and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left.

That same day, the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Dad:
    Go ahead and plant the potatoes now. It's the best I could do under the circumstances.
    Love, Bubba

Tom was invited to his friend�s house for dinner. He found that his buddy called his wife every cute name in the book: honey, darling, sweetheart, pumpkin, and baby.

When she was in the kitchen, he leaned over to his friend and said, "I think it�s nice you still call your wife all those pet names." "To tell you the truth," his friend said, "I forgot her name about three years ago."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. As they lay down for the night, Holmes said:" Watson, look up into the sky and tell me what you see?"

Watson said, "I see millions and millions of stars."

Holmes: "And what does that tell you?"

Watson: "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Theologically, it tells me that God is great and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorogically, it tells me that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"

Holmes: "Somebody stole our tent".

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment. Suddenly, the man realized that the next day,he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning business flight.

Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper, "Please wake me at 5:00 AM " He left it where he knew she would find it.

The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn't wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed. The paper said, "It is 5:00 AM . Wake up."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

A man appeared before St. Peter at the pearly gates. "Have you ever done anything of particular merit?" St. Peter asked.

"Well, I can think of one thing," the man offered. " On a trip to the Black Hills out in South Dakota, I came upon a gang of high-testosterone bikers, who were threatening a young woman. I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen. "So, I approached the largest and most heavily tattooed biker and smacked him on the head, kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring, and threw it on the ground." I yelled, "Now, back off!! Or you'll answer to me!"

St. Peter was impressed: "When did this happen?"

"A couple minutes ago"

• clairabelle
    13 years ago

The prison guard gathers up all of the men on Death Row before him, a smile brimming from ear to ear.

"Gentlemen, says the guard, I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is everyone here gets a complete change of underwear!:

The guys clap and cheer; this indeed is good news!

"The bad news, says the guard, pointing a finger at each man, is that you change with you, you change with you, you change with you..."

• breenthumb
    13 years ago

Engineer Jokes

Three engineers were in the bathroom standing at the urinals. The first engineer finished and walked over to the sink to wash his hands. He then proceeded to dry his hands very carefully. He used paper towel after paper towel and ensured that every single spot of water on his hands was dried. Turning to the other two engineers, he said, "At Hewlett Packard, we are trained to be extremely thorough."

The second engineer finished his task at the urinal and he proceeded to wash his hands. He used a single paper towel and made sure that he dried his hands using every available portion of the paper towel. He turned and said, "At Lockheed-Martin, not only are we trained to be extremely thorough, but we are also trained to be extremely efficient."

The third engineer finished and walked straight for the door, shouting over his shoulder, "At Apple Computer, Inc. we don't pee on our hands."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

An auto mechanic received a repair order that read: "Check for clunking sound when going around corners."

Taking the car out for a test drive, he made a right turn, and a moment later he heard a "clunk."

He then made a left turn and again heard a "clunk."

Back at the shop he opened the car's trunk, and soon discovered the problem.

Promptly he returned the repair order to the service manager with the notation, "Removed bowling ball from trunk".

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

The elderly man flattered himself that he was still a ladiesâ man, and decided to flirt with the beautiful waitress.

"So tell me, sweetheart, where have you been all my life?" he crooned.

"Actually, sir," she pointed out sweetly, "for the first 45 years of it, I wasnât even around."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

One summer evening during a violent thunderstorm a mother was tucking her small boy into bed. She was about to turn off the light when he asked with a tremor in his voice, "Mommy, will you sleep with me tonight?" The mother smiled and gave him a reassuring hug.

"I can't dear," she said. "I have to sleep in Daddy's room."

A long silence was broken at last by his shaky little voice:
    "The big sissy."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

John's not a great golfer - in fact, he stinks. But he's always working on his game, trying to improve. One afternoon, after a typically crappy round of golf, John is interrupted by a police officer as he's throwing his clubs in the car. "Did you tee off on the 17th hole about 20 minutes ago?"

"Why, yes I did officer." John replied.

"Did you by any chance hook your ball over the trees to the left, out of bounds?" asked the officer.

"Yep, I believe I did." John answered. "How'd you know?"

"Well," said the officer in a very serious tone, "Your golf ball flew out onto the highway and crashed through a car's windshield. The driver lost control, causing a 5 car pile-up and a small explosion. Three people went to the hospital with injuries. I'd like to know what you're going to do about it?"

John sat there, seemingly saddened by the devastation caused by his errant tee shot. After much though, he responded...

"I think I'll aim more to the right, close up my stance, tighten my grip and roll my right thumb over a bit."
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sitting on the side of the highway waiting to catch speeding drivers, a State Police Officer sees a car puttering along at 22 MPH. He thinks to himself, "This driver is just as dangerous as a speeder!" So he turns on his lights and pulls the driver over.

Approaching the car, he notices that there are five old ladies -- two in the front seat and three in the back - eyes wide and white as ghosts.

The driver, obviously confused, says to him, "Officer, I don't understand, I was doing exactly the speed limit! What seems to be the problem?"

"Ma'am," the officer replies, "You weren't speeding, but you should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be a danger to other drivers."

"Slower than the speed limit?" she asked. No sir, I was doing the speed limit exactly... Twenty-Two miles an hour!" the old woman says a bit proudly. The State Police officer, trying to contain a chuckle explains to her that "22" was the route number, not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the woman grinned and thanked the officer for pointing out her error.

"But before I let you go, Ma'am, I have to ask... Is everyone in this car ok? These women seem awfully shaken and they haven't muttered a single peep this whole time." the officer asks.

"Oh, they'll be alright in a minute officer. We just got off Route 119."
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The farmer's son was returning from the market with the crate of chickens his father had entrusted to him, when all of a sudden the box fell and broke open. Chickens scurried off in different directions, but the determined boy walked all over the neighborhood scooping up the wayward birds and returning them to the repaired crate. Hoping he had found them all, the boy reluctantly returned home, expecting the worst.

"Pa, the chickens got loose," the boy confessed sadly, "but I managed to find all twelve of them."

"Well, you did real good, son," the farmer beamed. "You left with seven."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

At the height of a political corruption trial, the prosecuting attorney attacked a witness. "Isn't it true," he bellowed, "that you accepted five thousand dollars to compromise this case?"

The witness stared out the window, as though he hadn't heard the question.

"Isn't it true that you accepted five thousand dollars to compromise this case?" the lawyer repeated.

The witness still did not respond.

Finally, the judge leaned over and said, "Sir, please answer the question."

"Oh," the startled witness said, "I thought he was talking to you."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Upon entering the little country store, the stranger noticed a sign saying:
    DANGER! BEWARE OF DOG
    posted on the glass door. Inside, he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register.

He asked the store manager, "Is THAT the dog folks are supposed to beware of?"

"Yep.", he replied.

The stranger was amused. "That certainly doesn't look like a dangerous dog to me. Why would you post that sign?"

"Because", the owner replied, "before I posted that sign....people kept tripping over him."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Bill Gates dies in a car accident. He finds himself in purgatory, being sized up by St. Peter.

"Well, Bill, I'm really confused on this call; I'm not sure whether to send you to Heaven or Hell. After all, you enormously helped society by putting a computer in almost every home in America, yet you also created that ghastly Windows '95. I'm going to do something I've never done before in your case; I'm going to let you decide where you want to go."

Bill replied, "Well, what's the difference between the two?"

St. Peter said, "I'm willing to let you visit both places briefly, if it will help your decision."

"Fine, but where should I go first?"

"I'll leave that up to you."

"Okay then," said Bill, "Let's try Hell first."

So Bill went to Hell. It was a beautiful, clean, sandy beach with clear waters and lots of bikini-clad women running around, playing in the water, laughing and frolicking about. The sun was shining; the temperature perfect. He was very pleased.

"This is great!" he told St. Peter. "If this is hell, I REALLY want to see heaven!"

"Fine," said St. Peter, and off they went.

Heaven was a place high in the clouds, with angels drifting about, playing harps and singing. It was nice, but not as enticing as Hell.

Bill thought for a quick minute, and rendered his decision.

"Hmmm. I think I'd prefer Hell," he told St. Peter.

"Fine," retorted St. Peter, "as you desire."

So Bill Gates went to Hell.

Two weeks later, St. Peter decided to check on the late billionaire to see how he was doing in Hell. When he got there, he found Bill, shackled to a wall, screaming amongst hot flames in dark caves, being burned and tortured by demons.

"How's everything going?" he asked Bill.

Bill responded, with his voice filled with anguish and disappointment, "This is awful! This is nothing like the Hell I visited two weeks ago! I can't believe this is happening! What happened to that other place, with the beautiful beaches, the scantily-clad women playing in the water?!???"

"That was the beta version," replied St. Peter.

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

A magician was working on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. The audience would be different each week, so the magician allowed himself to do the same tricks over and over again.

There was only one problem: The captain's parrot saw the shows every week and began to understand what the magician did in every trick. Once he understood that, he started shouting in the middle of the show:

"Look, it's not the same hat!"
    "Look, he's hiding the flowers under the table!"
    "Hey, why are all the cards the Ace of Spades?"

The magician was furious but couldn't do anything; it was the captain's parrot after all.

One day the ship had an accident and sank. The magician found himself on a piece of wood, in the middle of the ocean, and of course the parrot was by his side. They stared at each other with hate, but did not utter a word.

This went on for several days. After a week the parrot finally said: "Okay, I give up. What'd you do with the boat?"

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

A wealthy man decided to go on a safari in Africa. He took his faithful (and intelligent) pet dachshund along for company.

One day, the dachshund starts chasing butterflies and before long the dachshund discovers that he is lost. Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the obvious intention of having lunch. The dachshund thinks, "I'm in deep trouble now!

Then he noticed some bones on the ground close by and immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the dachshund exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious leopard. I wonder if there are any more around here?"

Hearing this, the leopard halts his attack in mid-stride, as a look of terror comes over him, and slinks away into the trees.

"Whew," says the leopard. "That was close. That dachshund nearly had me."

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So, off he goes.

But the dachshund saw him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figured that something must be up.

The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard. The leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine."

Now the dachshund sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks "What am I going to do now?"

But instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet... and just when they get close enough to hear, the dachshund says..................... "Where's that darn monkey? I sent him off half an hour ago to bring me another leopard."

. .
    . .

A lonely frog telephoned the Psychic Hotline and asked what his future holds.

His Personal Psychic Advisor tells him: "You are going to meet a beautiful young girl who will want to know everything about you."

The frog is thrilled, "This is great!

"Will I meet her at a party?" he croaks.

"No," says the psychic, "in biology class."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

During a county-wide drive to round up all unlicensed dogs, a patrolman signaled a car to pull over to the curb.

When the driver asked why he had been stopped, the officer pointed to the big dog sitting on the seat beside him.

"Does your dog have a license?" he asked.

"Oh, no," the man said. "He doesn't need one. I always do the driving."

------------------------------------------

Two young boys were taking a short cut through the cemetery on a very foggy night. They were naturally very frightened.

All of a sudden they heard this chipping noise, and as scared as they were, their curiosity got the better of them. They came upon an old man chipping at a tombstone.

When they asked what he was doing, he said, "They spelled my stinkin' name wrong!"

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

A travel agent looked up from his desk to see an older lady and an older gentleman peering in the shop window at the posters showing the glamorous destinations around the world.

The agent had had a good week and the dejected couple looking in the window gave him a rare feeling of generosity. He called them into his shop and said, "I know that on your pension you could never hope to have a holiday, so I am sending you off to a fabulous resort at my expense, and I won't take no for an answer."

He took them inside and asked his secretary to write two flight tickets and book a room in a five star hotel. Every time the couple tried to say something, the travel agent hushed them and said no thanks was necessary. He just wanted to do something nice for them.

About a month later the little lady came in to his shop. "And how did you like your holiday?" he asked eagerly.

"The flight was exciting and the room was lovely," she said. "I've come to thank you. But, one thing puzzled me. Who was that old guy I had to share the room with?

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Computer Viruses

AT&T virus:
    Every three minutes it tells you what great service you are getting.

MCI virus:
    Every three minutes it reminds you that you're paying too much for the AT&T virus.

Politically Correct virus:
    Never calls itself a "virus", but instead refers to itself as an "electronic microorganism."

Arnold Schwarzenegger virus:
    Terminates and stays resident. It'll be back.

Government Economist virus:
    Nothing works, but all your diagnostic software says everything is fine.

New World Order virus:
    Probably harmless, but it makes a lot of people really mad just thinking about it.

Federal Bureaucrat virus:
    Divides your hard disk into hundreds of little units, each of which does practically nothing, but all of which claim to be the most important part of your computer.

Texas virus:
    Makes sure that it's bigger than any other file.

Adam and Eve virus:
    Takes a couple of bytes out of your Apple.

Congressional virus:
    The computer locks up, screen splits erratically with a message appearing on each half blaming the other side for the problem.

Airline virus:
    You're in Dallas but your data is in Singapore.

Freudian virus:
    Your computer becomes obsessed with marrying to its own motherboard.

Public Television virus:
    Your programs stop every few minutes to ask for money.

Elvis virus:
    Your computer gets fat, slow and lazy, then self destructs only to resurface at shopping malls and service stations across rural America.

Nike virus:
    Just does it.

Congressional virus #2:
    Runs every program on the hard drive simultaneously, but doesn't allow the user to accomplish anything.

Star Trek virus:
    Invades your system in places where no virus has gone before.

Health Care virus:
    Tests your system for a day, finds nothing wrong, and sends you a bill for $4,500.

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

An old man was eating in a truck stop when three bikers walked in.

The first walked up to the old man, pushed his cigarette into the old man's pie and then took a seat at the counter. The second walked up to the old man, spit into the old man's milk and then he took a seat at the counter. The third walked up to the old man, turned over the old man's plate, and then he took a seat at the counter.

Without a word of protest, the old man quietly left the diner.

Shortly thereafter, one of the bikers said to the waitress, "Humph, not much of a man, was he?"

The waitress replied, "Not much of a truck driver either. He just backed his truck over three motorcycles."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

'Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house
    I searched for the tools to hand to my spouse.
    Instructions were studied and we were inspired,
    In hopes we could manage "Some Assembly Required."
    The children were quiet (not asleep) in their beds,
    While Dad and I faced the evening with dread:
    A kitchen, two bikes, Barbie's town house to boot!
    And, thanks to Grandpa, a train with a toot!

We opened the boxes, my heart skipped a beat....
    Let no parts be missing or parts incomplete!
    Too late for last-minute returns or replacement;
    If we can't get it right, it goes in the basement!

When what to my worrying eyes should appear,
    But 50 sheets of directions, concise, but not clear,
    With each part numbered and every slot named,
    So if we failed, only we could be blamed.

More rapid than eagles the parts then fell out,
    All over the carpet they were scattered about.
    "Now bolt it! Now twist it! Attach it right there!
    Slide on the seats, and staple the stair!
    Hammer the shelves, and nail to the stand."
    "Honey," said hubby, "you just glued my hand."

And then in a twinkling, I knew for a fact
    That all the toy dealers had indeed made a pact
    To keep parents busy all Christmas Eve night
    With "assembly required" till morning's first light.

We spoke not a word, but kept bent at our work,
    Till our eyes, they went bleary; our fingers all hurt.
    The coffee went cold and the night, it wore thin
    Before we attached the last rod and last pin.

Then laying the tools away in the chest,
    We fell into bed for a well-deserved rest.
    But I said to my husband just before I passed out,
    "This will be the best Christmas, without any doubt.

Tomorrow we'll cheer, let the holiday ring,
    And not have to run to the store for a thing!
    We did it! We did it! The toys are all set
    For the perfect, most perfect, Christmas, I bet!"

Then off to dreamland and sweet repose I gratefully went,
    Though I suppose there's something to say for those self-deluded...
    I'd forgotten that batteries are never included

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts, "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"

The man below says, "Yes. You're in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet above this field."

"You must work in Information Technology" says the balloonist.

"I do," replies the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but it's of no use to anyone."

The man below says, "You must work in business."

"I do" replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," says the man, "you don't know where you are, or where you're going, but you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position you were before we met, but now it's my fault."

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Sometimes it becomes necessary to move your computer to a new location for whatever reason; installing/adding new hardware or just decided to move it for "easier access", for instance (note easier access in quotation marks).

Whatever your reason is, this handy guide may help you alleviate some of the stress that always arises in such occasions.

Keep in mind that this is a venture only to be undertaken by those who know what they're doing...and masochists.

1. Bone up on your cursing. You will need it later.

2. Pick a *good* spot to locate your computer. Don't be too picky; you will regret having started on this venture soon enough.

3. Disconnect all cables, cords, power sources, umbilical cords and plumbing. Look at the black, gray & white spaghetti mess on the floor and sob. Refer to number 1. While you're at it, it helps to focus on cursing Bill Gates and Steve Jobs for making all this possible.

4. Be sure to dust machine off, since it's been sitting for months in one spot, gathering a dust mound the size of Mt. Rainier. This is especially essential if you have asthma.

5. Now that you've picked a *good* spot, it's time to replace all the cables, cords, etc. Make sure it's in a dark, hard-to-reach location.

6. New computers have color-coded plugs and plugins to make assembly easier. This has no bearing on you since your computer is in a dark, hard-to-reach location and they're all the same color: gray. See number 1.

7. Get a flashlight. Look for new batteries for flashlight you've left in the junk drawer for months. Go to store to buy new flashlight batteries since you don't have any. Rule number 1 is coming in handy now.

8. While inserting various cords and cables, be sure to drop at least one on the floor behind the desk, where it will take a contortionist to retrieve it.

9. Find out that your printer cable is now not long enough to reach the computer (see number 1). Oh well, you didn't use it that much anyway.

10. Once you have all the cables, etc. back in place, turn computer back on.

11. Sit, puzzled why computer isn't working.

12. Plug monitor in.

13. Ponder why keyboard and mouse don't work.

14. Switch keyboard and mouse plugins.

15. Call spouse in to admire your handiwork.

16. Spouse informs you that he/she liked it better where it was, and to move it back.

17. When asked why you're banging your head on the monitor, don't reply. It would only confuse him/her.

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A mobile phone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands-free speaker function and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

MAN: 'Hello'

WOMAN: 'Honey, it's me.. Are you at the club?'

MAN: 'Yes'

WOMAN: 'I am at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only $1,000. Is it OK if I buy it?'

MAN: 'Sure, go ahead if you like it that much.'

WOMAN: 'I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new 2009 Models. I saw one I really liked.'

MAN: 'How much?'

WOMAN: '$98,000'

MAN: 'OK, but for that price I want it with all the options.'

WOMAN: 'Great! Oh, and one more thing...the house I wanted last year is back on the market. They're asking $950,000'

MAN: 'Well, then go ahead and give them an offer of $900,000. They will probably take it. If not, we can go the extra 50 thousand if it's really a pretty good price.'

WOMAN: 'OK. I'll see you later! I love you so much!'

MAN: 'Bye! I love you, too.'

The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are staring at him in astonishment, mouths agape..

The wonderful husband turns and asks:

"Anybody know whose phone this is?"

Haven't we heard this one a thousand times !!

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

-No two people are alike, and both are glad of it.
    -Suspenders are just about the oldest form of social security/
    -Everyone can do something better than anyone else--reading his own handwriting, for instance.
    -If you are all sugar, the world will eat you. If you are all vinegar, the world will spit you out.
    -The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, sidestepping responsibility, and pushing their luck.
    -War does not, and cannot, prove which side is right; only which side is stronger.
    -Luck is what enabled other to get where they are - talent is what enabled us to get where we are.

• Pooh Bear
    Original Author
    13 years ago
Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022