SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilmbg

Cell phone using data like crazy!

ilmbg
11 years ago

Anyone have good knowledge of android phone?
I have TMobile . Never never get TMobile. Never Never Never!
I have had TMobile prepay for 1 year.
About 2-3 weeks into the month I get a message that I have used 80mb of data. Then a few days/week or so later I get a message that I have used 100mb of data. No problem.
Yesterday I noticed my phone used a lot of battery and I had to recharge it.
Today at about 6pm I paid my bill. The new month started at 0001 January 10 (about 3 hours ago).
At 0109(9 minutes after 1am) I get a message that I used 100mb of data!!
I do not have Facebook, Twitter, listen to music, watch tv..... GPS is off. I did not use navigation. In fact, I did not use the phone at all after midnight!
I looked at my preloaded apps...they were ALL running. I realize the preloads use a small amount. Fine.
When I go to: applications/settings/running/click on any one app/stop, they all keep running. I am not sure they ALL should keep running!
When I called 611/tmobile, they try telling me that what I have downloaded is using that much data.
Bulls*%#.
I have not changed anything in a year.
In fact, I have used the web less than usual this past 3weeks because I bought the ipad, and am trying to get used to it.
What could have happened to my phone that could cause this?
I don't want to have to do a master reset, because I have to handwrite all my reminder notes and other stuff that won't go to sd card.
Other than going to the store to have them look at my phone, I don't know what else to do. And Tmobile is NOT a customer friendly company.
I am the one who just found out 2 weeks ago that they sold me a used phone....I was buying a new phone. I am waiting for a copy of the original paperwork now....
Any ideas?
Thanks...soooo frustrated. Mad. Wound up. Disgusted with Tmobile. Too much more to say, and the words are not nice.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH