Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
printing on transparencies??????

Posted by carolyn_n_ky (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 11, 02 at 22:09

on caroll duvall show i saw her print photos on transparencies and inset them in a christmas decorations.
i have tried and the picture looks like a x-ray what do you do. i can put a paper behind it but she didn't.
thanks for any help.
carolyn n ky.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: printing on transparencies??????

I printed photos on the ink jet transparencies, cut them in circles and inserted them in the clear ornament balls. They look like bubbles but they are hard to see, like you said. I even tried darkening the photos before printing but it didn't help too much.

o

The images are too hard to see if you dont do something to the back side, unless you are just hanging one from an ornament stand or somewhere where you have a clear view.
I sprayed silver paint on the back of mine. White crystal glitter can also work if you do not have too much small detail in the image.

Karen

o

I'm going to try printing on the silver metallic film to insert in the balls. I'm just wondering how to make it hold its shape. I'm afraid it will stay curled, as it's not that thick. Any ideas?

o

Silver metallic film? I have not seen this in person so I don't know how thin it is, but it has to be a certain thickness not to get jammed in the printer. So I think it should relax inside the ball & straighten itself out.
The trick might be to get the size just right...a hair smaller than the inside of the ball, so the glass would help keep the image in place and prevent curling.

o
silver metallic paper

The silver metallic film is really cool! It looks like printing on a mirror. I bought a package a year ago and haven't used it very much. I printed out a picture of my son and his date for the prom and it looks really nice. I think if it will hold it's shape in the ball that it will look very unique. I've got a wild weekend coming up, but will try to find time to make one and take a picture to post here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here