Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are Print Shop 6 & 15 compatible???

Posted by sassyo (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 26, 02 at 21:34

I have been using Print Shop 6 for a couple of years. If I install an upgrade to Print Shop 15, would I still be able use 6? Thanks,sassyo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are Print Shop 6 & 15 compatible???

Sassyo,

I have had 6 for a long time and also have printmaster 11 and print shop 12. My husband just bought me Print shop 15 and i feel we got taken. He paid $50.00 for it and when i went to install it it says it will remove 12 and put in 15. It never really showed me what it did or what it added. I am upset because i disregarded a letter saying we could update to 15 I think for $16.99. I really think the box should say that if you have 12 then just buy an update. MY computer Icons still show 12 but I guess the 15 is there somewhere. If anyone knows what it did let us know. Yes there are many other options and fun stuff on Printshop 12 but if you are going for more just buy the 15 it has all the 12 plus whatever they added...

o

Sassyo, I have had different versions of PrintShop on my machine at one time and have had no problem using the different versions individually...I still go back to ver.6..it is my fav....
Connie...hmmm...so you have no Shortcut for ver.15 on your Desktop? When you click on your PS12 shortcut, does the new ver.15 open, or the old 12? Do you see both ver. when you go to Start/Programs? And if so, can you open each ver. individually? When you look in Explorer (right click on Start and choose Explore-Open the Program File folder)do you see both programs?
Try uninstalling and reinstalling ver.15...Just some things off the top of my head...will wait for a reply to some of these questions....
Tiger

o

Tiger,

I have only the ps12 shortcut on the desktop. When I open start only 12 shows up. Nothing looks different when it starts loading or any other ways. I went to start and explore and its under the Windows folder?????? It has a psdlx15prog(D:) under that. But nowhere does it say ps 12.But when you click on it nothing happens. I have tried 5-6 times to reinstall it and it says every time that it was unsuccessful to uninstall ps12 and ends the setup....... I have gone to add remove and it lightens and then pops right back to the blue highlighted area. Where else can i go to get 12 out and 15 in. I am assuming that everything in 12 is in the new 15 with added stuff right???

o

Hmmm....OK...when you go to Start/Programs, then The Print Shop...do You have an "Uninstall The Print Shop"? That would be the way to uninstall ver. 12.
When you go into Explorer (Right click on Start and select Explore) you see a The Print Shop folder...under your Windows folder (not IN the Windows folder), am I understanding that? That's OK...for some reason, sometimes, Print Shop will create it's own folder on C drive, not in Program Files folder, where most programs go Normally....When you open the Program File folder, do you see ver 15 there????
Also you said you saw psdlx15prog(D:)...I'm assuming your CD Rom drive is your D drive (unless your hard drive is partitioned...?) If it's your CD ROm drive, it probably just meant you had the ver. 15 Disc in your D drive.
If you're sure you've installed Ver 15 on the machine, try doing a Start/Find for Print Shop and see if it comes up there.....
Sometimes, you just have to pay a little attention where you're installing and downloading things...not that I'm saying you didn't...LOL!!!
Tiger

o

Tiger,

For the life of me i cannot find it. I have done all the above I think some things are different on the 12 version but not sure. They may have been areas i never used before. When I click on Print shop 12 look under its sub titles there is no uninstall. Which I found weird. They all have uninstalls or so I thought. I went to their site and they give no explantion but to uninstall 12 and then proceed but I cannot do that so what do you think I could do next. Thanks a million. Connie

o

Hmmmm...again, Helen..LOL! Not all programs have the Uninstall feature, but if they do, that's the best way to uninstall them. You said you tried to uninstall it by going to Start/Settings/Control Panel, then Add/Remove? Highlight the program and cick on Remove?
And if I understand you...you looked at the site and they said to uninstall 12 befor installing 15? Hmmm...this may be a job for the Computer Help forum....strange!!?

o

Thanks Tiger,

I will have to put it on hold as we are trying top get ready for a show with our furniture and i don't have any more time till we get back on Monday to try again. I tried again today but no luck. I still feel they ripped the consumer off. It should say on the box if you have 12 then just buy an upgrade thru their site. I will try on the help forum when I get back.....

Connie

o

Connie, I might be wrong but I believe the upgrade for $16.99 applies to upgrading to the Deluxe 15 from the Standard 15; not from 12 to 15. I also think 6 and 15 are compatible, but according to Broderbund 12 and 15 are not. Most of everything found in version 12 is found in version 15. We are using Version 15 in our SeniorNet classes but would have stayed with 12 if it were still on the market. I'm not sure the "improvements" are worth the switch.

o

Wondering how many disc's 12 and 15 have? Also , I want to try to do a garden journal, are there publishing features in 12 or 15. Thanks,sassyo

o

There are only 2 discs in PS15 and when you use the install disc you have the installation option of storing all of the images and program information on your hard drive. "Full" installation eliminates changing discs and "Standard" has you change as needed. That's the feature I really like about the new version. Yes, there is a publishing feature in PS15. I can't recall about PS12.

o

I think 15 sounds good. I can then keep the old 6 installed. Good info. everyone,sassyo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here