Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What causes fine black lines across paper?

Posted by dryndusty (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 29, 07 at 20:16

I'm using an Epson Stylus Photo 1280 printer and have been getting fine black lines across the paper, sometimes all the way,sometimes not. It occurs on a sporadic basis. There may be one line or hundreds. I notice it most on photo prints 8.5 x 11 or larger, although it's sometimes on plain paper.
I've tried head cleaning and changing cartridges, without relief.
Any ideas what might be causing this problem?
Norm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What causes fine black lines across paper?

Hey there,
I am not familiar with your printer but I have a Canon and part of the maintenance is doing a nozzle check. Also you might be able to do a print head alignment. I really don't know for sure, just some ideas to try. Good luck.
Linda

o

It is most likely that your print head needs cleaning. Look for printers in your control panel and find the properties menu. click on utilities do each of the 3 items listed. They should be 1)Nozzle check 2)Head Cleaning 3)Print Head Alignment. Be sure to print a test page for each step as this will tell you if the process is successful or not. Also, You may have to do the head cleaning more than once. Don't despair it sometimes happens that the procedure has to be repeated twice or ever 3 times.

o

I discussed the intermittent problem I was having with Epson printer support and was told to bring the printer to a Service Center.

Since it's over 100 miles there, I resolved the problem myself by buying a new printer. The other was over 7 years old, so it was time.

I had cleaned and replaced dozens of cartridges. Sometimes it would go for weeks without a problem. Finally it stopped working all together.

Thanks for all the good suggestions.
Norm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here