Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a new photo printer. What would you buy?

Posted by sassyo (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 7, 03 at 7:23

We are starting to look at new photo printers. We have a HP photo printer that I have liked but it's aging. Anyone have an Epson? Would like different points of view,sassyo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a new photo printer. What would you buy?

Hi Sassyo,

Yes, I have an Epson. I had a Lexmark before that, and I just got my Epson about 4 months ago. I love it better than the Lexmark. Not only that, but the ink on my model is half the price of the Lexmark I had, but lasts as long. It also prints BETTER!!

The model I have is "Epson Stylus Photo 925". I got it at Staples for around $125 on sale, but it was worth around $160. I wanted to make sure I didn't get a cheapie one this time. The color ink cartridges are about $23.00, and the black ink is about $18.00. But of course the new printer came with new ones.

Hope this helps!

o

Sassyo, I just ordered a new printer. My HP 930C died a couple of days ago. It picked a bad time to quit running as I was just starting to print my Christmas cards! I am ready for a new printer though, as I have never been happy with the quality of the HP prints. My first printer was a Canon and the photos were bright and crisp. So I researched the new Canons and chose the i960 Printer. All the user reviews that I read raved about the great quality of the printouts, especially when printed on photo paper. So I am anxiously awaiting my new printer (and new computer)! Good luck and be sure to let us know which printer you buy and how well you like it. I have heard great things about the Epson printers too.

o

Thanks for your help. I am putting it off till the new year. Thanks,sassyo

o

You probably have your new printer by now...but if you don't ... Canon.

I was a devoted HP printer fan.

After my first digital Canon, and the little digital photo printer that made real photo postcards...not inkject, but layered laminated photos, I became a Canon nut.

They don't make much, but what they do make, they make well.

Canon was the thorn in Xerox's side for office copiers long ago.

I not only have their little photo printer that goes with their digital cameras, but I have their all-in-one scanner-copier-printer. My MP750 was dirt cheap at 129.00 because Canon is bringing out their new models.

This copier makes photos look better than the originals when scanned...it is an inkjet, though. What I can do with that machine is scary.

If you want to go even cheaper, the MP 390 is now only 99.00, (originally 200.00) it has all the standard inputs for flashcards and media, plus it is a fax, it however lacks a document feeder which is sorely missed when there are 200 or more sheets to copy.

I have the MP 390 also...great little machine.

These great prices I found at Amazon...Love the 750 (and individual ink cartridges for color...no more having to buy a large color cartridge when you only run out of one color!)

the MP 780 is basically the 750 with a fax.

marf

Here is a link that might be useful: Canon photo-printers

o

I bought a HP 1600 scanner copier and printer. Its easy to use and get great photos and copys... office max ahd it for 99.00 and I really like it. If I can use it anybody can...

o

I have the HP three 1600. Not bad for the money. For photos, you're better off having them printed commercially. It's cheaper, and they will last longer. Lots of places, like Costco, you can upload the photo and pick it up in an hour or two. Or they'll mail them to you. Try a few plalces, because the quality varies. I'm a professional photographer, and this is what I do for all my regular, family snapshots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here