Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wrapper paper?

Posted by SteveC50 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 18, 02 at 21:42

I've visited a lot of candy bar wrapper sites lately and noticed that quite a few of them offer both matte & gloss wrappers. When I picture gloss, I think of glossy photo paper. It's pretty thick and seems like it would be hard to wrap around a bar.
What do you guys use? Is there another type of glossy paper besides photo paper? Not only that but photo paper would really drive up the price on 100 candy bars.
Help me out here, please let me know what you use.
Thanks in advance, SteveC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wrapper paper?

I make so many that I make mine on regular copy paper and they are nice. I would like to try some gloss but not at the expense of photo paper plus I'm like you and think it would be a little thick. I don't sell them, I just make them for our reunions, weddings, babies and just about everything else.LOL I work in the school cafeteria and make them for the kids that work in there for every occasion plus for the special needs class to let them know they are special too. They love it with their name on them.

o

Steve...There is glossy paper that is not as thick as photo paper. It is more like magazine paper or brochure paper. You can get some "brochure paper" at the office stores...it might not be as glossy. I'm not up on wrappers so I don't know for sure. It must have some kind of coating on it to keep the ink from beading up. You could also use some Krylon spray gloss varnish to spritz over the candy bar wrappers. It would give them a gloss and help keep ink from smearing. Unless you have tons to do...then it would get tedious. You can also print out a couple wrappers, take them to Kinkos and lay them out on an 11x17" size & photocopy them. The copies will have a glossy look from the fused toner.
Are you doing some for your daughter's wedding?

Karen

o

Regale and Karen, thanks for answering. I think I'll try the brochure paper, at least a small pack of it. No, I'm not doing my daughters wedding. She's been married for quite a while now [I'm older than I look! :o)..!] I'm doing a wedding for a co-worker's son.
When I try out the new paper I'll let-cha-know.
Take care, Steve

o

I would appreciate you letting us know and also the price. I guess I could check the price at our store but I don't get to town too often, we live in the country and I kind of like staying out of town.LOL TIA Steve.

o

Steve...and all...Here's a something I found on the link Marciakm posted for the tutorial....
I like to use Great White 37lb imaging and photo paper for the wrappers which is found for under $10 at Walmart, $12 at Staples. At Walmart, it is NOT in the electronics section but near school supplies where the copy paper is set up. Copy paper, fancy borders, cardstock etc, labels, and other computer print supplies. DO NOT buy the 24 lb. It's awful for wrappers. The Great White 37# is 92 whiteness and gives the best photo and graphic results I've ever seen. -- Office Max and Office Depot also carry it and when I can't find it locally, I'll order $50 of something and have it delivered to my door. Since the nearest one is an hours drive one way, that works best for me time wise.
Tiger

o

Thanks Tiger. :)

o

I use the Iridescent paper, it comes in
light colors and has a sparkle look to it.
Makes wrappers look real nice. Got mine at staples
but walmart may have it.Not expensive and 40 sheets
to pak.
Patches

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here