Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saving favorites

Posted by Jenni_CA (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 22, 02 at 18:02

Can someone tell me how to save a list of favorites in Internet Exployer so that it can be viewed by others.....maybe copy it to a disk and put it on other computers. Wanting to save a list of city websites and then have it be used by others in the office.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saving favorites

Oops, I think I meant to post this on the computer forum....sorry.

o
RE: Saving favorites

LOL! Jenni...happens all the time. It's as easy as putting a floppy in your A drive. Then Right clicking on Start and going to Explore. Open the Windows/Favorites folder, the contents will be in the right hand screen. Single click (to highlight) the first site you want to copy. Scroll down and while holding down the Shift Key, single click on the last site you want to save. This will highlight all the one's in between the first and last. Right click within the highlighted area, and select Copy. Open the floppy in your A drive and right click, then Paste. They will be copied to a floppy for you to share.....on the other computer(s) just Copy and Paste them to the Windows/Favorites folder...
You can also do this by using the File/Import and Export feature in I.E. The Wizard will walk you through it.Hope this helps!
Tiger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here