Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
b&w photo needs a touch of color....How??

Posted by mscarol (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 27, 06 at 15:00

Hello I am hoping someone can help. I have some black & white photos I would like to add a little touch of color for a punch. Example a child in a pumkin patch & color one or two pumpkins orange. How is this done?? I have a print shop program. Any suggestions is Greatly appreciated. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: b&w photo needs a touch of color....How??

I'm guessing this is what you're wanting to do.

What I did:
Open the color picture in your program.
Copy or open the same picture on top of the 1st one.
Change the top picture to black & white.
Then, using the Eraser option, erase the areas you want to have color.

I use an older version of Adobe PhotoDeluxe, but I'm sure you can do it in whatever program you're using. I'd say it's pretty much the same procedure. You're going to need two copies of the color picture, change the top one to b/w and just remove the areas where you want color.

o
RE: b&w photo needs a touch of color....How??

ahhy yes this is what I have been trying to do! Thanks so much for the how to country bumpkin al. Nice photo also. Merry Christmas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here