Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bobbin' Red Red Robin Card

Posted by Red_Confetti (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 4, 03 at 14:41

I posted this same idea at the Paper Arts Forum, so if you visit there also, you'll see it twice! I made the card below for my mom. It is done in layers. The background is just a pale yellow cardstock, folded at top to be a notecard.

The robin and the foreground "dirt" I printed separately on cardstock from clipart and/or photos and cut out. The 'grass' is just green cardstock cut with scissors to resemble grass. The 'worm' is a piece of rubberband.

Behind the grass at the base of the robin's feet (you can just see it) I made and attached a paper 'brass brad with the two legs' thing. Then I punched a hole in the card and folded the 'legs' away from each other. Then the robin was moveable so he could tug on the worm. If you had some of the new metal eyelets on hand they would work even better than my improvised brad.

I printed the verse of the "When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob-bob-bobbin' Along" song on the inside of the card.

Just thought this might give you some ideas on making moveable parts cards.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bobbin' Red Red Robin Card

I love your card! What a cute idea. I've been planning to make some cards with raised designs. I'm not sure what they are called, but the end result is a 3D scene.
I think I'll try the movable parts cards too.

Do you have any other ideas?

I've been wanting to make the puppets from photos. I'll try to find the website with instructions and post a link. they are so cute!

o

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

o

Cute as a button!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here