Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cute project

Posted by zippimom (zippimom@mydailydish.com) on
Sat, Nov 9, 02 at 9:28

Christine mailed me this project.

I have a set of inexpensive clear glass dessert plates. I recently thought of creating decals (window clings) for the upcoming holidays to be used on the bottom of the plates. In my graphics program (I use PA 12.0) I designed 3 circles as guides on an 8-1/2 x 11 page. The circles were the diameter of the bottom of the plate. I added a graphic to each circle, experimenting with a turkey, a cornucopia and a wheelbarrow with a fall arrangement. Text can be added - Example: Happy Thanksgiving 2002 and you could add the guest's name (like a placecard). Be sure to print these mirror image. Once printed, I sprayed the ink side with acrylic spray to protect it from moisture. Then I cut out each one just inside the circle and peeled away the backing and pressed onto the back side of the plate bottom. These could be saved and reused in future years. I even thought it would be cute to put the following saying on the plates under the pumpkin pie: "If you are reading this, you survived Thanksgiving at the Stone's". The possibilities are endless... Christmas, Valentine's Day, Birthdays... any special season/holiday/occasion.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cute project

What a neat idea, grandkids will love helping
with this project. THANKS
Smirk

o

This is a great idea!! Now I have to buy more dishes!

o

I did kind of the same thing, only used the clear plastic plates---worked great. It was for a bunch of my friends and it was cute how many wanted to take them home! I didn't think of spraying them--DUH--I put clear contact paper over the graphic. Spraying them would have been much easier and cheaper, too. Great idea, Zippimom!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here