Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
glue-up project help!

Posted by SteveC50 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 5, 03 at 6:02

I had a project where I had to laminate both sides of 'cut-outs'. These cut-outs were to be glued to flat sticks, like paint stirrers. I can't tell you how many types of glue I went through and have yet to find one that gave me a permanent bond. The kids would wave these cut-outs in the air and within minutes the laminated paper would come off. I ended up stapling the cutouts to the stick. Not bad but I'd rather go with just glue.
Any hints or help out there?
Thanks for any help that you can give me
Steve
P.S. I'm using the EZ Laminator, a great machine!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: glue-up project help!

hi Steve,
run down to Walmart (or Michaels if money is no object --hehe! ...or probably any good craft store) and look for "red-liner" tape. At Walmart, you'll find it near the scrapbooking items, at least in my local one. It comes in a roll, no dispenser, in a plastic bag. This stuff is better than glue. I've heard of using it to hold the bumper on a car! It IS strong!
Since you have both sides of your paper laminated, I would think it might be best to insert the stick (with tape) between layers --if I'm understanding what you mean.
Let us know if that works for ya!

o

Lia, I'm going to look for your red-liner tape. I'm willing to give anything a try! I can't put the stick in between. My EZ Laminater does both sides at once and won't let something that thick (the stick) go through it.
Thanks for the tip.
Steve

o

Steve,
Have you tried extra-hold, double-stick carpet tape? I use it in lots of craft projects. Lia's red-liner tape is also a great idea. If I'm not mistaken, this tape was first used for holding a toupee in place!
jackie (alabama)

o

Hi Jackie,
No, I didn't try your idea but I WILL go and get some. I just have to get this thing beat! For a toupee huh! Now all I need to find is a blond carpet! :o)
Thank you, Lady.
Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here