Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canvas Paper

Posted by AuntMary (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 21, 04 at 21:15

Hi,
Does anyone have a source for Canvas Computer Paper. I ordered it years ago from www.pariscorp.com, but that domain seems to be gone. Tried Google and EBay and didn't find offers that really spoke to me.

Thanks, Aunt Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canvas Paper

Canvas paper that is compatible with computer printers is not cheap, Mary... prices run from a little over a dollar [generic brand] per page to over three dollars [Strathmore] (for 8-1/2 x 11). If you are willing to buy 100+ sheets at one time, the price can be less. What price range are you looking for?

If you do a Froogle search, you'll find a number of sources at varying prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: Froogle Search Results

o

I bought canvas paper on Ebay from www.canvas-photo.com. I checked out their website and they don't have it listed for sale there.
My package contained 20 sheets and I can't remember what I paid for it, but it wasn't too much.

o

I have bought it at Best Buy

o

Michael's used to carry it but don't know if they do now. Office Depot carries it. I would image Staples or Office Max carries it, too.

o

Canvas paper comes in two forms: paper that contains real fabric and paper that is merely embossed with a cloth pattern. The latter is much less expensive, but is "fake" canvas, although I would buy some more if I could find it. Some brands of inkjet canvas tend to jam in my older Epson printer.

I went shopping for inkjet canvas in our local Staples a few days ago and was disappointed not to find any. I expected at least two different kinds. Epson used to have their own brand of inkjet canvas, but in a recent online search I failed to find any of the Epson canvas. Epson may have discontinued it.

I will check our local Michaels store and, failing there, I will resort to an online search. As Red_Confetti mentioned, inkjet canvas is not cheap.

MM

o

Hi,

Well, I bought some canvas cloth at JoAnn's, ironed in very smooth, cut it to 8 1/2 x 11 on my paper cutter and put it through my HP InkJet. Worked like a charm. The printing was a little light in color, ran it thru twice and it was fine. I printed a photograph, blurred the edges and it really looks good.

I did not find any canvas paper at the Office Depot in my town and a search of the web didn't give me any sources that I did not have some question about.

I haven't tried it yet, but intend to soak a piece in Bubble Jet to see if I can get darker printing on one pass that way. I may have to iron it onto freezer paper and the total thickness may be a problem. Will let you all know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here