Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
names with a poem

Posted by perk2 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 14, 03 at 13:42

I am trying to find a site where you take a childs name and then the first letter of the name is then made into a poem. I've seen these in magazines but they are out of my budget range. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not very good at poems myself or I might try it. I was thinking that if I had something to go by maybe I could change it a little to fit in with the child itself. THANKS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: names with a poem

Will this help?

Adjectives for Names

A: amusing, admirable, active, acrobat, achiever, agreeable, adoring, adventurous, affectionate, assured, athletic

B: beautiful, bold, bashful, becoming, big-hearted, beloved, blessing, blissful, brave, bright, bubbly, buddy

C: charming, clever, champion, confident, courageous, cooperative, cheerful, caring, carefree, compassionate, considerate, curious

D: delightful, daring, daydreamer, dreamer, daredevil, decisive, delicate, determined, devoted, divine, docile, dynamic, droll, dainty

E: eager, entertainer, enjoyable, encourager, enthusiastic, even-tempered, expressive, easy-going, explorer

F: friendly, fearless, fine, fantastic, faithful, follower, funny

G: graceful, gifted, giving, generous, good, gabby, glad, giggler, gleeful, good-humored, gymnast

H: honest, honey, happy, handsome, happy-go-lucky, hilarious, hugable, humorous

I: independent, imaginative, impressive, incredible, individual, inquisitive, intelligent, interesting

J: joyful, joyous, jolly, jazzy, jubilant

K: kind, keen, knowledgeable, kidder, kissable

L: loving, lovely, lively, lanky, lean, ladylike, leader, limber, light-hearted, logical, lovable

M: masterpiece, marvelous, musical, merry, mischievous, messy, mysterious

N: nimble, naughty, nice, neat, noble, noisy, nonstop, notorious

O: obedient, objective, observer, only, open-hearted, orderly, original, organized, outrageous, outspoken, outasight

P: pretty, performer, passive, patient, peaceful, perceptive, perfectionist, persistent, persuasive, personality, pioneer, pleasing, playful, poet, polite, poise, precious, predictable, pretender

Q: quality, queen, quiet, quick, quizzical

R: radiant, rational, refreshing, reflection, referee, relaxed, remarkable, reliable, rewarding, rowdy

S: sweet, sharp, star, sensible, shy, smart, select, sensational, sentimental, serious, silly, sincere, solemn, smiler, small, sleepy, solid, special, spontaneous, strong, sunny

T: talented, truthful, tender-hearted, talkative, thoughtful, thankful, terrific, ticklish, tidy, timid, tiny, tireless, toddler, tough, true, trustworthy, truthful, twinkle, typical

U: understanding, uncanny, unique\

V: valuable, vigilant, vigor, vigorous, vitality, vulnerable, vivacious

W: wonderful, warm, wacky, warm-hearted, wordy, witty, wet

X: eXplorer, eXquisite, eXciting, eXtra-special, eXpressive

Y: yielding, young, youngster, yakkity, yummy

Z: zany, zealous, zest, zip

jackie (alabama)

o

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. IT SHOULD HELP ALOT. I'LL TRY TO FIGURE OUT A POEM UNLESS YOU'D LIKE TO HELP???(LOL) Here's the names I'd like to do"
Makayla (girl) 9 years old
Shelby (girl) 6 years old
Hunter (boy) 3 years old (also born on Christmas Day)
Quinna (girl) 1 year old

o

I have a program that will do that for you.
It's called First Name Almanac.
You can download a trial version from the site.
When you do a name it will say sample across it when you print it out, but you can get the information and if you have a card program you can re-do it.
It might at least give you some ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: First Name Almanac

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here