Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Personalized Pens

Posted by bethybess (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 23, 06 at 6:48

Hello Friends!

I'm new to the forum here but have been lurking for quite a while. I've enjoyed all the great ideas from all you crafty people!

In desperation to find a cheap way to make lots of personalized pens for my church I came accrossed this site.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/personalizedpens.mspx

I purchased a pack of 10 Bic Cristal pens (10 for 88 cents at Walmart) My husband showed me that you can just slide the front of the pen out and insert the rolled up paper. It's a little tricky at first but after doing about 10 I feel like a pro. :) I used a small knitting needle to wrap the paper around first...it was just easier for me.

I made my template in PrintShop and just did trial and error until I got the right size. Once you have the size down it's easy to print off lots of different templates.

These ideas are just exploding in my head....I can see using these for birthdays, reunions, even weddings. Of course you can buy the more expensive pens but who can beat 8 cents apiece? You can't believe how professional these look until you make some of your own.

Just wanted to share cuz you all have inspired me so much.

Bethany

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Personalized Pens

I do the same with Pentel RSVP pens. The instructions are on the same page that you linked. But those pens are a bit more expensive than the Bics. I cover inexpensive composition book covers with pretty scrapbook paper and embellish with ribbons and prima flowers. Then you can make a pen to match with scraps of the same paper. It makes a nice gift!

I did not personally make the items in this link, but I love the site for fantastic cards, scrapbook and other craft ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: altered mini composition book & pen

o
crafts

Well, maybe this should be posted on the general crafts or scrapbook thread rather than computer crafts. I just noticed this!

Oh well, enjoy anyway! You can always find sites where you can print off patterned paper if you don't have scrapbook supplies.

o

Thanks for the awesome link blizlady. That pen and book cover are fantastic! I wish I had learned about this years ago...I'd have had a pen to match ever outfit I wore to school, and a matching composition book too....LOL.

The Bics are cheaper but that way I can afford to buy 3 times as many....it really helps when I need to make 100 or more. The Pentels are a beautiful pen though. I did buy a few to try out.

Bethany

o

Bethybess,
Can you tell me the size of your paper insert for the BIC pens. I don't have a knitting needle to help me and am having a terrible time getting a paper to fit. When you do this in Print Shop do you just put a design on it or do you personalize them with names also? I am going to stop at GoodWill and see if I can find a needle.
Thanks for your help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here