Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
calendar cover stock

Posted by smurfsdad (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 6, 06 at 22:06

I make yearly calendars for my family. I'd like to find something heavier than 110lb card stock for the covers. I print on these covers. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, Jerry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: calendar cover stock

I use the photo paper that is states you can print on both sides...Kodak has one I think there is other brands that say the same...Not sure if it is heavier or not..I think the pictures come out better due to being photo paper.

o

Try a print shop such as Kinkos, or an office supply store like Office Max that does printing. They usually sell specialty papers that may not be on their shelves for general sale, and possibly there is some heavier card stock that you would like. The heaviest that I put through my printer is 110lb card stock. I'm not sure if something heavier would jam in my printer. Buy one or two sample pieces of a heavier weight to make sure it goes through your printer ok.

o

Another question about calendars. What is the best weight paper for the calendar pages...I am using a Broderbund program that allows me to print photos on the calendar page.

Joan

o

Thanks folks for your replies. Joan, I have been using Epson Matte Heavyweight paper for several years. It is 44lb, 9 mil. I print the pictures on the "white" side and the calendar on the dull side.
Jerry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here