Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

Posted by Myra7001 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 13, 04 at 7:38

I am trying to crop a photo into an oval shape. I can't seem to figure out how to select what I want to crop. I hope someone can tell me the steps from loading the photo to saving it as a cropped oval photo.

Myra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

Myra, i don't have adobe but something similiar and i select the pic i want to crop and go to the cropping
tool and choose oval. Your pic will show an oval around
it then you just have to adjust the size of the oval
around the pic. click done and it will bring the pic
up in seperate page shaped as your oval.

o

I have this program and was trying to figure out how to help you but I can't. I usually go to another program and do it ( I have Picture It) and there I can make an oval very easily. If you have other programs try one of them. There must be a way but I can't find it. Sorry.

June

o

Elements doesn't crop the way a photo program does. Instead you want to open the image you want to crop and open a new image the same resolution. Then use the Marquee Selection Tool. It's the tool that is at the top left of the tool pallet. It has a square or an elipse.

With that tool make a shape around the area you want to keep. Leave it selected (marching ants). Then go to Edit, Copy. then paste it into the New image.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here