Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I use fonts?

Posted by avajo (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 24, 06 at 0:39

Hello. I have been trying to learn how to use the fonts and dingbats? that you download. I don't understand how to get to them after I download them. I go to microsoft word and open the fonts and they arn't there. Only the standard ones that are always there. I can look in my documents and find them but have no idea how to open them in a program where I can type with them . I hope I am not being too confusing. I have windows xp . If anyone can help explain how this works to me it will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I use fonts?

You have to install the fonts. Go to Control Panel, Click on Apperence & Themes
Look over to the left and you will see Fonts, click on that
Go to File, click on it you will see "install new fonts"
From there you need to go to wherever you stored your downloaded fonts and click on them to install them.
you should be able to use them after that.

o

Thank you so much. With your help I was able to find and install them and then find them in Microsoft word. Now I have another question. When I use the font in the word program it only types a word or two in the new font then it reverts right back to ariel. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thank you for your help.

o

Hmmmmmmmm, don't remember what caused that but it seems that I had the same problem long ago.
Be sure to select your font and font size before you begin to type.
If it reverts back all is not lost. Finish typing, then highlight the type, go back to the font list and select the type font you wanted and it will change it to that type face. You can also change the size of the font the same way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here