Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Price '?' 4 U craft sellers

Posted by SteveC50 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 26, 03 at 19:43

Hi, even though I've sold a lot of labels I still can't put a correct price on them. I've talked to people in other trades about their pricing but I feel they're way off when it comes to computer crafts (way too high!). I'm mainly talking about custom labels and candy bar wrappers.
OK, here you go! 1 1/2" labels, 20 to a sheet. Your cost right from a store is .80. This label is a custom job, not something that you already have on your computer. The one sheet has a lot of printing on it. What would you charge for the one sheet? What do you consider when you price your project, time, ink, material?
Thanks for any help.
Take care,
Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Price question for you craft sellers

Knocking this down.
SteveC

o
RE: Price '?' 4 U craft sellers

Hi Steve,
Just came across your post. Sorry I can't help with a price for you. I have made hundreds of mini Hershey wrappers, but all so far have been gifts. My list includes 3 Graduations, Baby Shower, 2 First Communion, Family Reunion, Wedding Shower,& 2 Christenings & one for work, Nurses week. You are right about the time and expense, but luckily for me my employer provides me with my ink cartridges. I have seen the prices on the net for .35@ for the labels, and between .45 & .55 @ for the candy with the label. At that price I could probably retire! But I really enjoy making them. So far the only request I have had are close family members and I don't feel comfortable charging them. When I do things for work, I just get paid hourly.
Maybe someone else is getting paid for theirs and could help you better than I.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here