Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what program or method to use to print 4x6 photos

Posted by sassyo (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 03 at 19:13

I am having trouble when printing out photos ...cannot seem to get an exact 4x6 print with templates in adode. My HP Printing crops off the picture. I am trying to print 3 of the 4x6's to a page. Any help out there? Thanks, sassyo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what program or method to use to print 4x6 photos

Sassyo, what size paper are you using ?

If you are using standard 8 1/2 X 11 inch paper, it would be mathematically impossible to get three 4 x 6's in either direction.

Joy

o

I bought a great little program entitled "Print Six" which allows you to print the number of prints you want in the size you want on one sheet of photo paper. You can print four, six, etc. different pictures on one sheet. Joy is right, though, you will not be able to get three 4 x 6 on a sheet only 11.5" long no matter what program you use

Here is a link that might be useful: Print Six

o

The only way I know to print 3 4x6's on a letter size page (8.5x11) is to print 2 vertically and one horizontally and to set up for printing you need to be able to place and rotate the images. I can do that in PaintShop Pro (print multilple images), PageMaker (place graphic), MSPublisher (insert picture) and probably any of the card making type softwares. The key is being able to rotate the image.

Success will also depend on the minimum margins your printer will allow. Group the 3 images together in the center of the page and you need .25" on left and right and .5" top and bottom. For my HP the bottom margin is larger than the top so mine would be .25" top and .75" bottom.

Jill

o

thanks for all your help,sassyo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here