Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to teach computer ideas

Posted by deb_from_pa (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 3, 06 at 6:24

I am self employed at this time, but work out of my home, and have specific hours I have to work......I would like to teach some basic computer in my home.......
How would I go about doing that?
I am in no means a "pro", but have used the computer for several years and make my own cards, candy wrappers, among many other things
I just need ideas on how to "get out there" and say what I want to say.
And how should I get started? Like, what should I start out on?
Any help would be so appreciated! THANX

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to teach computer ideas

OOPS....it was supposed to read.....I want to work out of my home

o
RE: OOPs, messed up again

OMGOODNESS....I need to proofread......LOL
At this time, I am working somewhere else, but wish to work in my own home...LOL! Now I got myself confused

o
RE: How to teach computer ideas

Deb - I think there is a market out there to teach people how to do simple basic things on the computer.

If you are very good at making greeting cards, I would start with that - people love doing that. Do you use a basic software that people could easily buy? They will need to be able to replicate the project at home also. There are so many software applications out there.

I would make a greeting card and write down all the steps it took to make it. You have to remember some folks have to idea what to do. So if you are importing graphics - you have to explain it step by step. I would have a "cheat sheet" of instructions made up for them to take home also.

Maybe you could have a sample card made up and attach it to a flyer about your classes.

What a about a "make and take" class. You instruct them, but they also get to make 6 cards and envelopes to take home?

You could do photo cards - have them bring some of their photos they want to use and show them how to print them out in smaller sizes and then mount them on a couple different colors of cardstock, then to the card. You could print some things on the inside of the card first, or "created by ****" on the back before attaching the card.

You might also do a free practice class with someone just to see how it goes.

Remember all the copyright stuff - you can't give away software or graphics - but there is some freeware stuff out there to download - you could give the address to the students and they could d/l it at home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here