Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help w/ adobe file & Printmaster 12

Posted by DolceMia (My Page) on
Fri, May 30, 03 at 20:49

I downloaded a pdf file (a box template) and would like to use it on Printmaster 12. Is this possible, and if so; how? I can't seem to get this. HELP!

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help w/ adobe file & Printmaster 12

PDF files are usually built to be printed from within Acrobat and are not editable. The only way I know would be to print it and scan it to a jpeg.

o
RE: Help w/ adobe file & Printmaster 12

This is a strange way about things, but I just did it in desparation. I found a free stained glass pattern that I wanted to use for a painting pattern. It was in PDF and I couldn't use it that way. I was surprised that there was no way to save it in another format.

So I opened Paint (Start, programs, accessories, Paint) and minimized it. Then I switched back to the open PDF document. Click anywhere on the screen to be sure that it is selected. Press CTRL+Print Screen (just above the Insert button on your keyboard, which is just to the left of the Home button).

Now maximize paint by clicking on the open program in the taskbar (down at the bottom of your screen). Click anywhere in the white portion of the screen (don't worry if it makes a dot LOL).

Press CTRL+V...this is the equivalent to choosing Edit, Paste. You may get a message that the paste area is larger, choose yes to enlarge.

Whatever was visible on the screen appears in Paint. This includes toolbars and everything LOL. Anything not visible on the screen (off the edges) does not appear, so you might have to move around a bit before pressing that CTRL+Print Screen!

Then I use the selection boxes and erase tools to remove elements I didn't want (the toolbars for example) and place the parts I do want in a better spot. Once that is done, resave the file as a JPEG, Bitmap, whatever. Printmaster 12 can use both.

I know that sounds so very confusing, but try it!

If CTRL+Print Screen does not work, try Alt+PRint Screen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here