Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
See through picture idea

Posted by debby_ab (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 23, 06 at 12:48

It's not my idea, I saw it on Debbie Travis' Painted House, or one of her other shows. You take a nice candid shot of someone with no background. Make it just a close up of their face. I like pictures where you're not smiling, sometimes not even looking at the camera, but at the ground or something, just in thought. Then turn the picture into either sepia tones or black and white. Don't leave it in colour. Print it on a sheet of transparency paper and put it in one of those floating frameless frames (you can buy them at Ikea). Don't hang them on the wall or in a window. You could hang them in the window if you like, but I have mine on a shelf and behind each picture there is a tea light. I've wanted to do this for a few years, even bought the frames about a year ago and finally have a picture of my daughter and myself that turned out perfectly! Now to get my boys and my husband to pose the way I want them to....... Men....... This could take many years.......

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: See through picture idea

Do you happen to have a picture...of the picture? I don't think I've seen those floating frames and we don't have Ikea here.

o
RE: See through picture idea

I bought "floating" frames at a Michaels craft store. Google Michaels crafts to find a store.

These floating frames are getting popular so you'll probably be seeing them everywhere soon, i.e. the box stores.
Pam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here