Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recycle CD Disks?

Posted by AnnieIL (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 16, 05 at 11:09

Does anyone have suggestions for old CD disks we received in the mail from AOL, etc.?
I have used some under vases, and some to put small photos of the children on. Thanks for any suggestions

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recycle CD Disks?

I crochet covers for them and use them for coasters. They work well and look nice.
ivamae

o

the people over at Garden Junk forum glue 2 together,
shiny side out and embelish them with beads and such and hang them outside as suncatchers...

o

We use them as clappers for windchimes. Looks prismatic in the sun.

o

o

Measure..do you have a pic of these? We still get a lot (not AOL!)at work that need to be recycled

o

This is what I do with mine.....make Cmas cards, suncathchers and hang them on my patio door or in my kitchen window. Now lets see if I can remember how to post pics here.

Eileen

Here is a link that might be useful: cd

o
side 2

this is the other side

Eileen

Is thre any way to post the pic in the message?

Here is a link that might be useful: cd2

o
Cmas cards

Eileen

Here is a link that might be useful: cmas card

o
card back

Eileen

you can get the template for the envelope here....

http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns/cdenvelope.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: back of card

o

The old Aleene's craft show used to cut them into pieces with shears then make jewelry out of them.

o

You can buy the findings to make a clock out of them. They're also nice shiney side up underneath a candle. My daughter just hung them all from thread from her ceiling.

o

If you lay them in water and M/W about a minute, they look crackled. Kind of neat for card use. I did a blue one and then put a snowman scene on it. Looked really cool. Don't have it to post.

o

Eileen...I love your cd cards. Can you tell me what kind of glue you used? tia...

o

Granny - dumb question here but what is M/W?

o

there is a greeting card here using a cd

Here is a link that might be useful: card inspriations

o

Looking for loads of cd crafts as i have an lot of them. Have made cd fish and photo frames but am 60 so i need directions for the item if possible Thanks God Bless Have a great day

o

I want to cover them with paper that I have decorated by computer. Are there paper discs available or do I need to buy a program?

o

Here's one my sister just sent to me.....should be easy to come up with a pattern for it....

o

Hi I glued two together then drilled holes and did some string art on them like they do on cards, then used them as sun catchers.
Also crocheted around them and made doilies, just used the outer three or four inches of a doily pattern and used the hole as the six chain starting. If anyone wants pic email me.
davesmoo

o

I use them for target practice, since that's the only thing I shoot.

o

Saw on one of the craft shows a guy cut them in square, small pieces and glued them on a styrofoam ball. Made a nice disco ball. He put a dowel rod up the center with an eyehook on it to hang it. I had one in my window for years and it puts splashes of sunlight all over the room.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here