Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cent symbol help, please?

Posted by Mary_Ann_MD (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 26, 04 at 15:23

Can some one please help me with this? I forgot how to make the cent symbol in word. TIA
Mary Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cent symbol help, please?

If you go to Insert on your tool bar and drop down, you'll see Symbol. Click on symbol and you will get a table of symbols. You can find the cent sign, degree sign and many, many more there. Highlight the symbol you want and click on insert at the bottom of the table.

o

I hold down the Alt key and over on the number keyboard I put in 0162 for the cent sign and 0176 for the degree sign I can't get it to work on this forum It works in word and on AOL

o

Works for me with holding down the Alt key. You can get the complete list of Characters by going to
http://www.kelseypub.com Hope that helps

o

Click on: Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map (not every one will have this, but, most peeps will)...

Note: not every Font will have every character.

Choose: Font from drop down
Click on: the character you want (it will enlarge so you can see it better)....
Click: Select > Copy >
Right click in message window and Paste....

Joy

o

Degree mark will show up on postings if you use Alt and 0186

o

Here is the symbol: . You can copy it from this post and paste it onto a word document - then change it to fit the size and style of the font you are currently using, if that font has this symbol, otherwise, use as is, sizing it to fit as needed. For future use, save the word document with a copy of the symbol and copy and paste onto any other documents as needed. I did this until I read Joy's post. My computer has the symbol on my character map, so I can use now instead of my word document.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here