Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calibrating printer before using Avery software

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 5, 11 at 17:06

Trying to print note cards (#8315)on my printer, downloaded the free Avery Design Pro. I need to calibrate my printer - it says, in order for the images to be centered on the template (or 8315 note card sheets). I don't understand the directions at all! I've folded the calibration paper correctly, but can not understand which numbers they want off the graphs.

Anybody familiar with this? What's the secret?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calibrating printer before using Avery software

Did you contact Avery? I had a problem with one of my templates and they helped me out. They seem to have a good support system.

o

After you fold your paper, let's say vertically. See where the crease in the paper falls on the numbered graph. My vertical crease falls on one notch below the center square figure so on the vertical box in the calibrate printer window I typed -1 Below box are minus numbers, above are the + numbers. Where ever your paper crease fell that's the number you put in. Luckily my horizontal was creased right at the center, so I put nothing in that box. I use all Avery products and print postcards and labels without any problems. I do a check first before printing good copy by using plain paper and Draft printing choice first. Hold the test printed page over the card stock and see if each card or label lines up before using the good stock and Best printing ink option.

o

I also want to know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here