Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My newest project

Posted by SteveC50 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 03 at 15:39

Here's a picture of my newest project. It's labels for Hershey's Kisses. They're 3/4" round labels and the template was a 'bear' to set up!
Steve C.

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby Shower kisses

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My newest project

I got a forbidden notice when I went to look

o

Minnie, I also got the forbidden notice here. Go to the Graphics and Scanning forum and check out Steve's post there. It is worth the look. Super idea!
Jill

o

They are great and thanks for the how to Jill
Let's see if this link will work

Here is a link that might be useful: Steve's project

o

Steve you have the magic touch..that is just too cute.

o

Thanks all! And Thank you Minnie for the new link. I linked to Webshots but I guess something went wrong.
Take care,
Steve

o

Those are toooo sweet, Steve! Great job...and thanx for sharing!!
Tiger

o
Another KISS!

Here's another set of KISSES that I made, just for practice.
Be good,
Steve C.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wedding KISSES!

o

Those are just precious.

o

These are great also thanks for sharing
Steve

o

Steve, they are GREAT! whatever made you think of this?! it's an inspiration!

are they labels, or how are you attaching them? do they stick really well?

o

What a great idea! I love 'em! (and it's not just because I love chocolate!)

o

I'm interested too!! These are so very cute......what lables did you use?? Would you mind sharing the details?? I'd love to make these for my grandson's baby shower next month and put the proud pregnant mommy and daddy on them as a thanks for coming treat......thanks!
vikki~~

o

Hi all! Thank you all for the nice words. But I've got to fess up. I got the idea from one of the many wrapper sites that I've been to. They had no plans or templates and only one small picture. So I decided to try and make them myself. It took a good while but I finally won out.

Diane: The labels are from Avery and the stock # is 05408.
They stick pretty good even though they're listed as 'Removable'. (can't beat them Jersey girls!)

Lia: Ya got to come clean Lady! It's the chocolate, isn't it? :o)
Take care,
Steve

o

OK Steve, I hate to break it to ya, but it's just because they're chocolate. Your print job looks terrible. I think you should just start over and send the mess-ups to me. Bwa-ha-hahaha!
;-)
Hey, BTW, do you know they're talking about your work over on the voy. com Crafts Sayings forum? You're famous!

o

Thanks for a wonderful project and for sharing with us! We've got a wedding coming up this Oct and my daughter is making me crazy with what she wants for the wedding favors.

This by far is the cutest, smallest and most likely not to be tossed (or eaten) away favor I have seen yet. This could even be put in a miniature curio shelf. I think she will love it!

Thanks again, Carmen

o

Okay, Steve!

You've got me thinking now...... What program did you use to make the template?

I can only think of about 1000 things that I could use these for!!!

Sneekersmom

o
Sneekersmom !

Hi Sneekersmom.
I used the label 'section' in Print Shop to set up the template for the stickers. I'm guessing that any program you have that deals with labels, especially Avery labels, would work as well.
If you're interested, email me directly (members page) and I'll send you all the instructions.
Take care,
Steve C

o

I didn't have the "dot" labels in my version of PrintShop (version 6), so I'm gonna try to do the next best thing. I did manage to get a template made in my PrintShop (3/4" circle) and I'm gonna do the next best thing. Print them out of Full label sheets and then use a 3/4" paper punch to punch them out.

Can't remember where I saw it...but they were also using these on the Starlight Mints!!

o
Answer to C.B.

Afternoon C.B. I emailed you directly. Forgot that your comment came from this forum. :o(
A couple of places to look for the punches would be:
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home
http://www.thecraftypc.com/index.html and
www.marvy.com
Take care and hope ya get into production soon,
Steve

o

What a great memory game this would make - you just eat the pairs you find! Great idea, thanks for sharing.

o

Steve, did you "hole-punch" yours? I want to make them but on 3/4" labels that I can just peel off....

o

Marcia, I e-mailed you directly. But to answer your question, no, I bought the stickers already made.
Steve C

o

Steve, I missed the wedding kisses..could you send a picture..or post it one more time? Thanks (I saw the other ones)

o
Donnakt

Sorry that I took so long but here's my attempt at posting those KISSES again.
Steve C

Here is a link that might be useful: Wedding KISSES

o

Steve, I wanted to thank you for this great idea. We went to a friend's 50th b'day party this weekend and I adapted your idea for our gift. They were a real hit, although he wouldn't let anyone have any cause he's running for political office and he wants to use them for his campaign - I told him I could make up some new ones that said "Vote For" instead of happy birtday but he didn't care. BTW I used the punch method and it worked great. The hardest part of the whole project was making a box that showed them all face up when it was opened! (My DH thought it would be tacky to ask for the box back to reuse it again) I'd post a pic but I forgot to take one! Just wanted to say thanks again.

o

Lorraine, you're quite welcome! I'm glad they turned out to be such a hit. Great people come from Jersey (that's you)! Me,Burl.Co., thank you.
Have a good night,
Steve

o

Can you please repost some of your pictures.
I just stumbled onto this post but since it's
quite old the pics don't come up anymore.
This sounds like an interesting project and
I would love to see it.TIA

o

I would also love to see them...
Thanks Steve.

o
My newest project: No more :o(

Hi All,
I'd just like to let you all know that I don't make this type of label anymore because the set up was a lot of trouble.
Sorry,
SteveC

o

That's too bad, Steve. I remember seeing them and they were really nice. I wish Avery, or one of the other companies, made stickers the correct size for the kisses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here