Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
error in cardmaking-help?

Posted by calirose (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 6, 03 at 13:04

I created the card in Printmaster 10. On print preview all appeared to be correct. When printed the images were of different sizes and overlapped. I have W98, Lexmark x83 printer. This is my first attempt at combining images. I copied the design in the corners and then resized to fit. Any advice? A photo is in the craft forum gallery. Thank you, Rhonda

Here is a link that might be useful: error in cardmaking

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: error in cardmaking-help?

Hmmmm...Rhonda....it's strange that the Print Preview looked ok, but printed wrong? It looks like you did the (pink check) border, then super-imposed the corners (yellow squares)over it, right?
First, try "layering" the images to see if that helps. In my program (at the top) it says Arrange...then Layer. Send the pink border "TO the Back" See if that helps.
Another thing that you may try....is after you've got the yellow corners, where you want, over the pink border...try to "Group" them to become one image. This is also done under "Arrange".
Where to find this Layering and Grouping may be a little different in your program, but I'm pretty sure they're there.
Hope it helps and let us know how it goes :-)
Tiger

o

Thanks Tiger! I will definitely give it a go today and let you know if it works. Yes, I selected the border Then applied one corner. I duplicated that corner to each of the other three corners. All corners appeared to be inside the pink border on print preview. I will work with the layering and grouping to see what it does!!!
Rhonda

o

Okay Tiger. What I learned is to place the corners on the "border" page (rather than on the "complete" project page) and then click finished editing border. That held the corners in place. My program must "group" itself, because group was grayed out, and only ungroup was clickable.

I definitely think I just need some practice!!! LOL My hubby was real proud that I had accomplished any of it. He thinks I tend to expect perfection the first try (and I do!)Thanks again!
Rhonda

o

Glad it worked out for you, Rhonda! I have found the best way to learn these programs is Play, Play, Play! LOL!
And...Welcome to the board!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here