Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
scanner won't scan in jpeg!

Posted by June_ND (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 4, 04 at 10:10

I have a new hp scanjet 3970. When I scan it always scans in tif. Some of my programs don't like tifs!!! I have gone into the hpdirector and then settings and have set it for jpeg but then I go back to scanning in the photo & imaging where I crop, etc. and scan and it always comes in as a tif. What am I doing wrong?? June

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: scanner won't scan in jpeg!

In your scanner software, after you're done with any tweaking....

In one of the menu drop-downs, do you have "Save" or "Save As..."? This is probably how to change the format it is saved in. Tif is probably the default unless you specifically tell it to save as something different.

In the owner's manual, is there any sections along the lines of "saving scanned images"? There is probably info at the HP website as well.

o

The owners manual has nothing. When I scan the only thing that shows in "file' is open and exit, no "save' or "save as" as there is in most file menus. the only place I can set the settings is in the hp director and and when I set that , it just doesn't work!! I've tried everything that has been suggested but nothing seems to work...

o

I had some very good help in computor help so if you need any help go there. Great people on this site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here