Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone Have This Laminator?

Posted by Country_Bumpkin_AL (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 3, 03 at 9:50

I bought this laminator at Walmart yesterday and was just wondering if anyone here has it, and if it's a good one. It says the hot feature seals Electric Laminating Pouches and the cold feature smoothes Self-Laminating protectors.

Any opinions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone Have This Laminator?

I have seen that one many times at Walmarts and different stores..If Im thinking right, some of the larger Office supplys carry the one you are picturing too..
I haven't tried this particular kind though so I wouldn't have a opinion on it.
When I was shopping for one I wound up with the Xerox hot/cold laminator.. It uses the pouches. Not terrible expensive,in my opinion.
But would love to hear other responses to the one you are showing or maybe other brands that use the roll film.

I Have NEVER been unhappy with the laminator though, I use it for bunches of stuff in the office and at home .. and in crafting..
((HUGS))

o
RE: Anyone Have This Laminator?

The problem with laminators that use the pouches is that it only seals around the edges to itself and not the paper inside so when/if you trim around it you have to leave an edge, whereas a xyron laminator sandwiches your paper or cardstock between two sticky sided plastic sheets, you can cut through it if you want and it all stays together, if you cut through the pouch kind, it will open up. there is nothing holding the plastic to the paper except whta is around the edges, I have both, that the electric kind first then bought a xryron and have not used my electric one since. Hope that helps......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here