Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which is better?

Posted by perk2 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 27, 04 at 9:32

I am debating on buying either PrintMaster or PrintShop.I will be using them for banners,brochures,cards etc. Nothing fancy. Are they basically the same or which do you recommend and why? THANKS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which is better?

I've been lurking and waiting to see if someone who knows about these programs would answer. I guess nobody wants to recommend one.

Elaine

o

I know Elaine, I've been waiting and waiting. I haven't bought either one yet as I want to hear what others say. I guess we'll just have to wait longer. LOL

o

Have you taken this question to 'COMPUTER HELP'? Go to that area and see if someone can help you. That seems to be the place to ask computer, software etc. questions. Some very knowedgable people get on that. Good luck.

o

Well I have both programs, and it gets very frustrating to have to constantly be switching cd's.. so I gave in an bought PSP (Paint Shop Pro) and have been taking lessons on the internet.. it is the way to go!
Linda/Q

o

Linda, What kind of lessons are you taking?

o

I use PrintShop and really like the program. The old versions required changing cd's, but the newer versions give the option of downloading the information and no cd changing is needed. SeniorNet programs use PrintShop as the program used in their Graphics and Imaging classes and the students find it easy to work with.

o

I have both and i like print shop best.
Another one thats good for cards and banners
and things like that is create a card. It's easy
to use and has lots of templates.
Patches

o

I have Print Master Platinum and I love it. You do have to change discs sometimes ( not always) but it is well worth the effort

o

I've tried many different programs, and love Printshop the best out of all the cheaper programs.

o

I have PrintShop version 6 and like it so much I bought a second set of CDs so I'd have a set for each of my computers. I've only made 1 banner, but use mine mostly for labels, cards, letter writing and photo manipulating. I've heard that some versions aren't as good as others, you may want to check at epinions.com or a similar site to read customer reviews before buying. I got my second set off eBay.

o
RE: Which is better???

Just realized that this question is almost a year old! Hope someone can use the info anyway. :-)

o

I like Print Shop better too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here