Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ISO animated screen savers

Posted by taunia1 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 22, 03 at 19:28

I saw in an office somewhere, a cat walking across the screen, then he dissapeared & came back. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or, I would settle for an aquarium scene that's animated if my 'ole puter can handle it. I just want to find a FREE screen saver download somewhere. If anyone knows of some cool ones, let me know. Hugs, Taunia.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ISO animated screen savers

Taunia, I don't use a screen saver, but if you do a search on your browser, you'll come up with many, many sites! I have one in my machine called "Underwater" that came with a Plus! theme, I think. If the cat you saw was black and white, it may(?) be the "Felix" one that some in the COmputer Help forum were talking about some time back..you may want to ask over there....but that may be more of a screen mate, than screen saver.....good luck!
Tiger

o

I have Felix (the black & white cat). I've had him for two or three years though and can't remember where I got him, but if he's what you're looking for and you can't find him, let me know.

o

I think the screensaver you are looking for is Pixel Pet's "Newton" screensaver. It is a real kitten, frolicing around your desktop. It is great, and free! You can find it at the link below.
Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Pixel Pet's Newton Screensaver

o

I just came across asite with free animated backgrounds and screensavers so am posting that as well for you. Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Animated screensavers

o

Thanks guys, you're so sweet. I'll check out all the sites & let you know. Hugs, Taunia.

o

Another good site to check out.
http://www.thundercloud.net/
They have animated wallpaper and screensavers. You get access to more if you sign up for their free e-mailing list(they mail about once every two months)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here