Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calendar software?

Posted by SteveC50 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 11, 03 at 15:45

I'd like to know what calendar programs you all use. I have a copy of 'Calendar Creator' in PrintShop 12 but it's a real pain. Very hard to move pictures around in it and to resize them. I do like the part where it lets you add different groups of birthdays to your layout, like sports figures or presidents but the picture thing has got my goat. Wondering if the full stand-alone version is any better?
So, what software do you use and what features in it do you like?
Thanks for any input,
Steve C.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calendar software?

I have Print Shop Premier Edition 5.0 and have made family calendars the last two years on it and I haven't had any problems putting pictures in, moving them resizing them or anything. As a matter of fact I put pictures in the date boxes of each persons birthday and anniversaries and some date boxes have as high as three pictures with names and years on them. When they are printed you can see them real good. I enter over 100 pictures in the date boxes alone with pictures on the top of each page. I put the month with pictures or verses right above the date boxes. I have never worked with Printshop 12 so don't know how it works but I find Printshop 5.0 fun and easy to work with and doubt if I ever upgrade. I make 13 of them, all for my mother and sibblings and some nieces and nephews. Everyone loves them.

o

How do you put these calendars together once they're printed? Stapled? I've been trying to find this out. Thanks in advance...Tracy

o
Calendar bindings (Tracy)

Hi Tracy. To put calendars together I went out and bought a binding machine. The link below will get you to the plastic comb binding page. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the machine that I got. Cost me $59. There are other ways but I like the look of these bindings.
Take care, Steve C.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plastic comb bindings

o

Tracy, i made calendars for christmas and i took them to office max and office depot to have them bound. They both do it for around 1.50 and 2.00 a piece, depending on what you choose. They have different types of binding. Wanda

o

I had mine bound at Staples for less than $1.00 each. I had them done with the white plastic scrolling binding and they look nice.

o

I have the ol' Ver 6...and have the calendar template/option where I have the Cards, Letterhead, Labels, etc. Do you have this option, rather than using the Calander Maker? I, also, have no problem adding graphics, resizing or anything...?
You can also try TuCows or ZDNet for some shareware or trial software.....I checked them both and they have some, depending on your personal needs....
Tiger

o

Hi Tiger, yes I have the calendar template in the same place as you do. I just think those are so plain looking. With the 'Calendar Creator' things like moon phases and U.S. holidays and the standard two mini months can be added in. It's just the darn graphics that are so hard to work with. Also with 'C.C.' you can change the grid color, the day font and color and many more things. I'll give it one more try, then it's off to CompUSA for another program.
Take care, Steve C.

o
RE: Calendar software?Steve...

Steve...other than adding the Moon Phases and Holidays manually....my ver. 6 does all the things you're mentioning
change the grid color, the day font and color .
Check your email...:-)

o

I made them for Xmas last year and i used
micosoft home publishing. Went to rennysniche and
got numbers( like hearts for valentine, snowmen for xmas.
turned out really cute. had it bound at Staples.
Patches

o

This site lets you print out your own calendars and you can add your own holidays and birthdays. Hope it helps.
Sue :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Calendars

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here