Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Invent It products

Posted by MaryAnnTX (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 20, 03 at 15:18

I just received this e-mail snd thought some of you might want to check it out. I have used several of their products, such as the mousepad kits and decals. I've also received free samples from their website.

January 20, 2003

Dear Club Invent It! Member:

We regret to inform you that the Invent It! brand and the Club Invent It! program have been discontinued. In addition, the website www.clubinventit.com will no longer be available after January 31, 2003. Please visit the site within the next two weeks to print any project ideas you may wish to keep.

You may continue to order Invent It! products (while supplies last) at special clearance prices by visiting http://clearance.ippaper.com.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Club Invent It!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Invent It products

wow, thanks MaryAnn!!..there are some great prices! I think I'll get a case of inkjet shrink.

Karen

o

So does the shrink work good? I bought my first pack at Walmart the other day not knowing they are going out of business. Haven't had the chance to try it yet so didn't know if I wanted to stock up or not. Any suggestions as to using it would be appreciated.
Reba

o

Reba- I have never had a problem with this brand or the Cre8it brand. Only once when I put the shrink in my printer with the wrong (untreated) side up.
The only thing you have to remember is that when images shrink to half their size they get about twice as dark. So your images have to be made lighter before you print them and they should not have lots of dark colors to start with- bright and pastel colors work better.
Imagine looking at an image with a piece of tracing paper laid over it. That is sort of how you want to lighten you image for shrinking. You need to use some kind of image editing program to do this. I use Photoshop, lots of people use Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photo Deluxe. There are other programs to use, but I don't have experience with them.
Other thing is to let the shrink sit overnight or for a day to let the ink get good & dry. That way you have less chance of smearing it when you cut your shapes out. Once it shrinks the images will not easily scratch or smear, but you can finish them off with a light spray of clear sealer if you wish.

Karen

o

MaryAnn-just wanted to say thanks. I went onto the website, just to "check it out" and ended up spending $37.00! LOL!!

~Jennifer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here