Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sealing graphics???

Posted by wnlbutterfly (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 9, 03 at 13:55

Okay, this may be a dumb question BUT I will ask anyway. I have been making some computer crafts, but the biggest problem is of course, if they get wet (even one drop) will bleed the ink. Other than laminate everything, is there a spray sealer that will help? I was wondering about the fixative spray that they use for chalks and such.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sealing graphics???

Yes. there is a sealer to use on your projects. I use a spray on all my clock faces and soup can labels. Let me run out to the shop and get it........OK, here ya go! I got mine at A.C.Moore (a crafts store). It's a 'clear Acrylic Sealer' gloss. This stuff is not real glossy. The company is 'Plaid Decorative Crafts'. The cost was $4.99 and it works pretty good. Dries fast.
Take care, Steve C.

o

Why would you not want to laminate? Laminating is cheap and easy to do, and the best protection. I am on a computer craft group, and we all laminate most everything. If you don't have a lamination machine, there is some really cheap iron-on lamination at this site...

Wacky Wagon

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to read about it. It's $10.00 for a roll of 200' by 11 1/8". The shipping is really cheap too. What you do is email her and tell her what you want and she will email you back with a grand total and 3 choices of how you want to pay. The roll of laminate is actually for laminating machines, but someone accidentally discovered that they can iron it on. I have been using it for several months now.

Hope this helps!

o

I have a laminator, Xyron 1200. BUT I do some small things, like that just take small header cards, and I don't want to take the added time to laminate, when I sell them for .50. And I make a lot of these, like we are talking hundreds, so the laninating costs would figure in.

Just some items don't look right laminated, don't want the shiny glossy look.

Thanks for the tip on the spray. I am certain I have that here in my supplies and will give it a try.

o

Wally world sell a can of clear spray, blue can , clear lid in their paint dept. the cost is about $.99. Works great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here