Return to the Computer Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendation for paper for Candy Wrappers??

Posted by Wendy77 (tilor@aol.com) on
Thu, Jan 2, 03 at 9:13

OK I did it finally, made the wrappers I wanted too, now can anyone suggest the kind of paper they used?? I went looking around last month & I recall they were expensive. Any ideas?? TIA Wendy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendation for paper for Candy Wrappers??

I use regular inkjet printing paper and have found it to be all that is necessary....I do many weddings and other functions and the wrappers are lovely. I recently added a laser printer to my work and that is even better, but the inkjet printer and paper works great.

o

I agree regular paper is just fine.

o

I use Kodac's 'Bright White' inkjet paper. It makes the colors come out nice and bright.
Take care, Steve C.

o

I've made candy wrappers several times and the ones I likes the best were printed on the cheapest photo paper I could find.

o

Hi Wendy - If you want it to look like the shiny wrapper paper like real candy wrappers - you might try HP's brochure and flyer paper. It's 50 sheets for $12.99 (C6817A). It's shiny on both sides. They may make it shiney on one side as well and it might be cheaper still. You can make alot of candy wrapper from 50 sheets so the cost isn't really too bad. HTH -- Michele

o

for the wedding ones i use Iridescent paper.
Makes it look a little fancier.
Staples has it on sale all the time.
Patches

o

I use regular paper too, but I laminate them. They look much more professional.

o

Patches,

Iridescent paper? What brand? Please tell where to get it. I used to use Gartner paper but have been unable to find any at all.

Thanks,
Kathy

o

how do you work with the paper once you have laminated it? I thought it wouldn't be pliable!Is there some special type of laminate you're using?

o

Check out the Hammermill's Soft gloss laser paper - I used it all the time when I did candy wrappers. Using laminate is OK, but it is hard to get tape to stick to it to hold it together...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here